Year 5 Chapter 14

Author's Notes: I'm going to put this as an M rating just to be safe, so read at your own risk. Many other gender bending/trans fanfics have used this idea, so I hope you'll forgive me using it too, but I felt it was too good of an idea for helping Heather discover who she really is. I won't lie I found the names and pronouns confusing me a bunch in this chapter. So, to help when you see the *** Heather will refer to herself as Hermione, and will refer to Hermione as Harry, with male pronouns. That's the easiest way I could figure out to do it. When you see the *** again it goes back to the correct character having the correct name and pronouns.

I'm going to give a huge shout out to the Harry Potter Fandom Wikia, because for some reason I have more difficulty with keeping the timeline straight on this book and it's a fantastic resource. If you haven't already and have a few hours to spare or can't sleep, go get lost in it. It's a good time.

As Always, the world of Harry potter does not belong to me. It belongs to JK Rowling who I'm sure would hate what I'm doing with her characters. Oh well.

Chapter Fourteen

When Harry woke on a weekend in late April, his body was tingling with excitement. After Dumbledore had left, Hogwarts had become even gloomier to him than ever. He hadn't had much excitement for anything for weeks now, but today was different. It was the day that he would be taking on Hermione's form with the Polyjuice Potion. It had been months since she and Ginny had made the offer, but the mountain of homework and Hermione's prefect duties had delayed her being able to start brewing the potion. The anticipation and apprehension at what they were doing today had made the month-long brewing process feel like it had taken years. Down in the Great Hall, he tried to eat breakfast, but his hunger was driven away by the prospect of their plans for the day.

As soon as could be managed Hermione excused herself from the table. Harry waited an agonizing fifteen minutes before he followed, talking to Ron idly about the upcoming quidditch match against Ravenclaw. There was no practice today for the team, Ravenclaw had gotten the pitch reserved first, so Ron was going to write an essay for Snape he'd been putting off. In the bathroom, which they'd chosen to use instead of the Room of Requirement for brewing, Hermione had laid out a set of each of their clothes on one of the benches, along with two goblets and flasks. It had been a while now since Harry had been in here, far preferring his haven.

At the sound of his entering the two girls turned and looked at him. Ginny looked excited, but Hermione had an expression of nervousness. Harry figured the thought of turning into him was going to be strange for her. "Ok, Heather," Hermione said when he'd closed the door behind him, "here's how this is going to work. Obviously, we can't have two Hermione Granger's running around the school for the next hour, so you're going to take on my form while I take on yours. Once you take your potion and change into my clothes, come back out so we can get used to being each other. We've got enough potion to last for several doses. I have these flasks so we can keep taking the potion as long as we want to today."

"Just like Crouch did last year." Harry said.

"Exactly. Now, I think we should lay down a few ground rules." At this Hermione's face turned a shade of pink, "Obviously we are going to see what each other's bodies very.... intimately, but let's respect each other's privacy alright? I'm not going to say no touching anything because I want you to experience what having a girl's body is like, but just..." her voice trailed off as her face went from pink to bright red, "just be respectful, ok?"

Nodding, and also turning pink at the implications of what she had said, Harry pulled two hairs from his head and put one each in the goblet and flask. After Hermione had done the same, they both took their goblets and moved into separate stalls. Hermione's potion was a pretty forget-me-not blue. Remembering how horrible Crabbe's potion had tasted, Harry chugged the entire goblet in one go. Surprisingly, it didn't taste anywhere near as bad as Crabbe had, though he still wouldn't call it pleasant. Immediately he felt the effects start. His face began to bubble, and his hair shot out of his head and down to his shoulder blades, changing from black to brown and becoming much bushier. His height barely changed but he could feel his arms slimming and his figure redistributing slightly. The biggest changes were his chest and private region. Two breasts formed and grew quickly out of his chest, the weight slightly making him shift his balance. Down lower he felt everything changing to accommodate his bodies new form.