Year 6 Chapter 10

Author's Notes: Ever hear the saying that Art imitates Life? Well, this chapter, or at least portions of it, ended up resembling very closely how one of my relationships started, and it wasn't very easy to write. I will say that Heather's will go better than mine did, which is the best part of fiction, being able to do for your characters better than you could for yourself, so I hope you enjoy.

Harry Potter does not belong to me, I'm just messing it up for JK Rowling in the best way I know how.

Chapter Ten

 Katie Bell was removed to St. Mungo's the next morning. Most of the school seemed unaware of what had happened, with the except of those who had been present. "Oh, and Malfoy" Heather added, when Hermione and Ron were discussing it. Both of them changed the subject instantly. This was their current strategy anytime that Heather brought up her 'Malfoy is a Death Eater' theory. The three of them had taken a table in the common room after breakfast and were considering how best to spend their day.

 When Lavender joined them and almost assaulted Ron in her attempt to kiss him, Hermione excused herself, with Heather following shortly afterwards. Moving all the way across the common room, they discussed Heather's date again, wondering when the next one would be. Heather didn't have long to wait. As she exited the portrait hole for dinner with Hermione, they found Justin on the fifth-floor, waiting for Heather.

 Blushing furiously, Heather followed him along to an empty classroom. After ensuring it was empty and closing the door, she threw herself at the tall Hufflepuff, kissing him before being even aware that's what she was doing. As they had yesterday, his arms encircled her and pulled her close. His kiss was much more ardent today, and she gave as good as he did.

 Gasping slightly, they finally broke apart and Justin grinned at her. "So, I'm going to guess that if I were to ask you out for, say, Tuesday night, you wouldn't object?"

Heather put on a face of mock concentration, "Hmm, I'm a bit busy that night but I think I can squeeze you in."

"I'm so very relieved." He said.

"So, where are you taking me?" Heather asked.

"Well, actually I wanted to talk to you about that." He let her go and pulled back slightly, looking sheepish. "I mean, if we eat together in the Great Hall, someone's going to notice."

"Definitely. Plus, that's not very private."

"Not at all. I take that to mean that you'd rather no one really know about us?" He asked.

"Other than our close friends, not really. If that's ok with you" she added quickly.

"I feel the same. Of course Ernie knows already-"

"So do my friends" Heather said, cutting across him.

"Ahh, well good. But that still leaves figuring out where I can take you."

 Heather considered this, she supposed they could each go to the hall and grab whatever food they wanted before meeting somewhere, but that felt almost as obvious as just eating together. At some point someone would see it and put the pieces together. At the same time, keeping a secret at Hogwarts was near impossible, so eventually this would leak out. Assuming, that was, this lasted for very long.

"If only there were another way to get food than from the Great Hall" she mused aloud, before loudly snapping her fingers. Unsure if it would work with a house elf she didn't own, she tentatively called out "Dobby?"

 With a loud crack the tiny elf appeared, arrayed in a large assortment of sweaters, socks, and hats. "You called, Harry Potter sir?" he squeaked, bowing low. Justin's eyes went wide, it was probably the first time he'd ever seen a house elf.