Year 5 Chapter 12

Author's Notes:Again I will be paraphrasing a section of Dialogue from Order of the Phoenix. As always, the world of Harry Potter does not belong to me but J.K. Rowling

Chapter Twelve

 When the end of January rolled around and February came in with an icy blast, Harry couldn't tell if the last month at Hogwarts had flown or crawled by. He never would have thought that the teachers could pile on so much homework before this year, but they did, robbing him of many opportunities to spend time in the Room of Requirement. Ever since the breakout from Azkaban, Umbridge had passed another educational decree banning teachers from giving out information not relevant to their subjects.

 Hermione had sent a letter back when the news came out to someone that Harry didn't know, and she was remaining very tight lipped about it. The next Hogsmeade weekend was announced to be taking place on Valentine's Day, and it seemed every girl in the castle was looking forward to it with glee. Valentine's day had never meant much to Harry, never having a sweetheart to get a present for or get one from. During one of the evenings he spent in his haven with Ginny when Hermione was too busy with schoolwork to join them, she told Heather about how she was supposed to be going to Hogsmeade with her boyfriend, Michael Corner.

"This is sounding sorta serious" Heather said.

"Not really, he's sweet and I like him, but I'm not pinning all my hopes on him." Ginny said casually.

"I wonder what it would be like to date someone." Said Heather wistfully

"You should try it!" said Ginny, an odd look forming in the back of her eyes.

"Oh yeah, let me just go ask some bloke out." Heather exclaimed, the idea of that sending a small thrill down her spine.

"I mean, it's more expected for the boy to ask out the girl, but sometimes the girl does it instead." Ginny replied, her eyes still having that look in them.

"I can see you've got some idea in your head, so go ahead and spit it out," laughed Heather

Ginny shook her head and the look disappeared replaced by a mischievous grin. "I was just thinking, what if we could find you a boy to date." she said.

"I don't know of anyone else around here who likes other boys"

"I'm sure there are some. If you could go out with anyone, who would it be?"

Heather blushed. She hadn't exactly had time for crushes lately with everything going on, but she had caught herself checking out some of the other boys around the castle. During the last D.A. lesson, she had caught herself checking out the backsides of one of the boys from Hufflepuff. He had been practicing with Ernie Macmillan and gone flying after a well-placed stunner, landing hard on his bottom with a crash. As Heather had watched him get up, he rubbed his bottom in pain and she hadn't been able to take her eyes off it. For the rest of the night she found she was staring at it without meaning too.

"Ok, but don't judge me" she said, bracing herself, "Justin Finch-Fletchley."

"Ooooh" giggled Ginny, "A Hufflepuff! He's a cute one."

"I like his hair." Heather said, her usual blush intensifying.

"Do you think he likes you?" asked Ginny.

"What? He probably doesn't even see me like that." Heather exclaimed

"Maybe, maybe not. He's a Hufflepuff and there's an old Hogwarts rumor that Hufflepuff has more gay students than any of the others."

"I've never heard that." Said Heather, wondering if it were true.

"Oh yeah, well it's probably not something that boys want to talk about."