Year 5 Chapter 11

Author's Notes: Sorry for the cliffhanger, ok not really. :)

As always, the world of Harry Potter does not belong to me but J.K. Rowling

Chapter Eleven

"Ok, Heather. You mean you want to completely become a girl?"

"Yes. I don't even know if that can happen but yes." She answered.

"Well, that explains this" Hermione said, holding up the map.

This led to a brief explanation of what the map was to Ginny. Heather let Hermione tell Ginny without interrupting.

"So, it thinks you're a girl?" asked Ginny.

"Apparently." Heather said

"When did that happen?" asked Hermione

 And so, Heather started talking, much as she had in the study at Grimmauld Place. She told them about what she had seen in the Mirror of Erised and the dream. When she was done, she said, "So, like I said, I don't know there's a way too, but I want to be a girl."

"It is possible, but it's not easy or quick." Hermione answered, "I did some research about this last summer, both in the muggle and wizarding world. It is possible to go from being a boy and become a girl."

Not quite willing to believe what she had just said, Heather looked at her best friend, willing it to be true. "How?"

Hermione smiled at Heather's eager expression, "Well, In the muggle world there are drugs you can take and surgeries you can get that will give you the body you want. In the wizarding world, you have other options."

"Better options if I remember what my dad told us surgery is." Added Ginny.

"There are potions you can take that will make you stop producing male hormones and start producing female ones. That will cause your body to change and grow breasts."

Heather was speechless. "Is it permanent?" She asked.

"Not at first, but after a certain point in order to reverse it, you would basically need to go through it again only with the opposite potions."

"You looked into this for me last summer?' Heather asked, once again amazed at Hermione's love of finding things out and her apparent gift of foresight.

"I had a feeling this was coming, we both did actually." Said Hermione, gesturing at Ginny, "So I wanted to be prepared to give you all the information if you ever asked for it."

"You're amazing Hermione" heather gasped out.

"One day you'll stop being surprised by it." Hermione replied, grinning.

It was Heather's turn now to have to process what she had just been told. She had expected their faces to fall, to tell her that it wouldn't be possible on a permanent basis. Never in her dreams had she expected them to tell her it was doable.

"The two of us also have an offer for you." Said Ginny

"What kind of offer" asked Heather

From her bag Hermione pulled out a piece of old parchment. With a flash Heather remembered seeing the two of them looking at this same page months ago in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. On it were directions for brewing a potion that Heather instantly recognized. The offer became instantly, maddeningly clear.

"You can't be serious?" she said incredulously.

"Why not? It's not like I haven't brewed Polyjuice Potion before." Hermione replied

"But the supplies, you'll have to steal from Snape again."

"No, we won't. Remember over the summer when I went to Diagon Alley with Mrs. Weasley? Well, it took trips to three different apothecaries and an uncomfortable fifteen minutes in Knockturn Alley, but I bought everything we'd need to brew it.".