Year 5 Chapter 7

Author's Notes: Again this chapter will jump, skipping Hagrid's return and the lesson on thestrals. I would like to thank everyone who has made it this far in my story. Last night it passed 10K views, which I never expected when I started out. If youre enjoying it, let me know in the reviews.

As always, the world of Harry Potter does not belong to me but J.K. Rowling

Chapter Seven

 Once again Heather was in the Room of Requirement, this time wearing a pair of tight pants and low-cut t shirt. The chill of December had pervaded the castle, causing frost to form whenever anyone spoke, and even making the drafty common room uncomfortably chilly. Here, the fire was blazing in the pit before the armchairs, filling the room with warmth. He had just opened his new diary, having finally filled the original one Hermione had gotten him almost two years ago now. His quill scratching, he started to write the first entry in it.

Friday, December 14, 1995

I'm coming to realize that feeling how I feel now as Heather is becoming almost normal. It's almost as if Heather is a charm I can use like a patronus against everything that's going on. As soon as I walk inside this room and become her, all my cares drop away. And even when I'm out there and Harry, dealing with everyone else, Heather is still there giving me strength. Part of me feels bad for not including Hermione and Ginny in this, but I'm afraid if I bring them into this, the magic of the secret might be broken. I do admit though that us moving in here for our girl time would be far more comfortable than Myrtle's bathroom. It's not like I don't think they'd understand or anything, of course they would. I wonder if it would ever be possible to become Heather full time. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing that would be.

 The slightest pop from behind him brought Heather back out of his musings. Turning to look for the source of the noise he saw that the mirror which stood between the doors looked different. It took him a moment to realize that it wasn't the same mirror, in fact, it was a mirror he recognized. His breathe catching in his chest, Heather stepped cautiously over towards it, stopping just beyond the point where he would be able to see his reflection. In his first year he had discovered the Mirror of Erised, a powerful magical artifact, and had become addicted to what it had showed him. He'd wondered before where it had ended up after its role in protecting the Sorcerer's Stone was over, and now here it was.

 But what had brought it to him, and did he really want to know what it would show? Four years ago, he had seen in it the family that he'd never known, all standing around him and smiling. Would it still show them to him, or had his deepest and greatest desire changed? He was petrified, knowing the attraction that gazing into the mirror had had on him before, and hesitant to give it another opportunity to entrance him.

 The room must have thought I needed it, which means that most likely what it would show me is a good thing, right? Heather mused to himself, trying to work up the nerve to step forward. With a surge of willpower, he put out his left foot and creeped up to the mirror. Gazing back at him out of it, green eyes sparkling, was his reflection. It wasn't however the reflection of Heather in a t shirt and pants, but of Harry, in his school robes, a sad expression on his face. After a couple of heartbeats, the image started to change. The reflections features started to shift, not in same way features did after taking Polyjuice potion, like bubbles under your skin, but smoothly as though with an artists brush. His hair extended to his shoulders and grew wavier than it was currently. His face became softer, with higher cheekbones and a rounder chin. Looking down Heather saw that the image's shoulders had dropped and become less prominent, and two mounds had appeared on his chest. The reflection's entire body had become completely female, redistributing what body mass he had into a feminine form. His robes had also changed into a girl's uniform. It only took a moment for the changes to happen, and he could tell that this person staring back at him wasn't him transformed into Heather like he normally did. This was Heather as if he'd become a girl completely. She, for that was what she was, stood slightly taller than Heather did now, with long legs encased in uniform tights. She wasn't stunningly beautiful like some girls were naturally, but in her own way she was gorgeous to him.