chapter 3

Days have past since the date. Cheryl went on without a word. She just moved past it, thinking she'll never get the opportunity to see her again. She wasn't looking for love anyways. She never was, she's at the point in her life where she's okay being alone. It took Cheryl a long time to love herself as who she is. She knows that when her day comes, love will come to her. She didn't want to risk it all for love anyways. Not again. Not after Heather. Cheryl had finally healed after her last relationship. Sure some days it still hurt like it happened yesterday but, overall.. Cheryl was okay. She was happy in her life and happy where she was at.

After all classes had ended that day, Cheryl had asked Josie to stay the night and watch the academy. Cheryl decided she wanted the night off. She's become exhausted in the last few days with all the exams that the students had been taking this week. She needed to ease her mind, wanting to be stress free. So she decided that she was going to go home to Thornhill and listen to some of her favorite music while painting. Before she goes home, she decided she wanted to check the record store to see if she could find something new to listen to.

Cheryl walked into the shop, looking around. She noticed that there was a record player with some headphones connected. She heads towards that way, looking at the options they had available for her to listen to. She slid her fingers across each record, tapping on the top until she finally stopped at one. Olivia Rodrigo, Sour. Cheryl enjoyed her music. She was so young, yet had so much to say about love. Olivia kind of reminded her of herself. She was so young when she fell in love with Heather. Her songs always made her feel everything. Often times she would sing her heart out like it had just been broken, other times she'd be sobbing over the lyrics.

Cheryl was in a good place though, so she opted on that record. She placed it on the old-fashioned record player, she put the headphones on before starting the vinyl record.

Cheryl loved records. She loved the aesthetic and the authenticity of them. She had at least 3 record players around her house.

Cheryl reached over to the object, gently positioning the tonearm on the record carefully. The record began playing, and the song that flowed through the woman's ears was one of Cheryl's favorites. She hummed the song at first, but when it got to the chorus, Cheryl could never be able to hold back singing it,

You betrayed me
And I know that you'll never feel sorry
For the way I hurt, yeah..

Cheryl nodded her head, not realizing that she was singing as loud as she was. She closed her eyes and danced to the melody, practically jumping around.

You talked to her
When we were together
Loved you at your worst
But that didn't matter

Cheryl opened her eyes for a quick moment, slowly coming to a stop from her singing and dancing as she noticed the crowd of people looking back at her. The customers in the shop were all giggling and whispering to each other as they looked to her. She immediately got embarrassed and took the headphones off, rushing towards the door, as she felt like she was being watched by millions.

Cheryl was in such a rush to leave that she bumped into someone, knocking the CD that the person had in their hand onto the floor. They both reached down to the floor to grab the CD, their fingers brushed against eachother. A slight tingle on both ends of the party. The same one they had felt days ago. Cheryl looked up at them and let go, allowing them to pick it up themselves. When they both stood back up the two just stood there across from eachother. Cheryl completely embarrassed after all that had just happened to her, and the other still chuckling over what the redhead had been doing moments ago.

"What are you doing here?" Cheryl asked.

She had no idea what she really wanted to say so she just said what popped up in her mind first.

The woman chuckled at her.

"Apparently attending a free concert."

Cheryl laughed nervously, her cheeks becoming rosy, trying to avoid eye contact. The redhead didn't say a word.

"You seemed like you were in a rush. Got somewhere to be?" The woman asked, interrupting the silence between them.

"Or someone to see?..." She added, almost mumbling it.

She was curious, for sure.

"No.. I'm not in a rush. I was just rushing to the register... To buy something." The pale girl lied.

"I have nothing important going on or anyone important to see." She added, chuckling nervously.

"Oh yeah... Sooooo Sweet Pea?"

"That was just a favor for Betty. Nothing important.. I'm into girls. It would have never worked out." Cheryl admitted.

The woman across her nodded.

"What about you? What about Veronica?" Cheryl asked, speaking up again.

"Didn't work out either." Toni answered with a smile.

Cheryl nodded at her answer, not sure what else to really do or say.

"So would you maybe like to go out on a date sometime?" The tanned girl questioned taking her chances, as she tapped on the CD that she was holding in her hand, nervously.

After a night of silence, and letting Cheryl walk past her once already, Toni didn't want to risk it again. She knew how it felt to touch her and how she felt when she looked at her. Every time they smiled at eachother, tenderness filled their hearts. It was an interaction like no other. It was so weird yet, so intriguing.

Cheryl was completely caught off guard, not knowing how to answer. She was so sure after the blind date that she would never see her again. But now, here they are.

Was it fate?, Cheryl kept thinking.

Her heart pounded at the thought of it all, but her mind went into panic mode.

"Uhh.... N-no. I gotta go." Cheryl told Toni before speed walking towards the register.

She walked up to the register, and it took her a moment to click that she didn't actually grab that record that she had wanted. She tapped on the counter and the cashier just looked at her, confused. Cheryl decided to rush through the store, walking past Toni and grabbing the record she had been listening to, rushing past Toni again, who was chuckling at her already and headed back to the register.

"This is what I'm buying today." The redhead stated as she handing over the record to the cashier for him to scan.

Cheryl could feel Toni's eyes watching her. She noticed how Toni had a smirk and how her eyes were glued onto Cheryl as she when she took a quick look back at her. She knew Toni was watching her from where she was standing, making her anxious. She didn't want to embarrass herself anymore than she already has in front of her.

"It's gonna be $23.97, ma'am." The cashier said.

Cheryl dug into her purse searching for her card. She couldn't find it. Of course I'd leave it at the office, today. Just my fucking luck. When she couldn't find her card, she had hoped to find cash in there somewhere. She dug in there for a minute in hopes of finding some sort of payment.

"Fuck." The redhead whispered to herself.

"Just forget it." She mumbled, loud enough for the cashier to hear.

Before she heard him say anything, she practically ran out the store, hiding her face as she exited.

After practically bolting out the shop, she found herself leaning against a light pole, rubbing her temples with her one hand.

She just wanted to forget what just happened.
She was completely humiliated, and she couldn't believe that Toni was there to watch it all.

-
-
-
-
-
-
hope you guys are enjoying this story so far!! leave comments and show some love!!!

couldn't decide on what song/artist to have cheryl be into so i decided on my guilty pleasure, olivia rodrigo. 😬

let me know if you're enjoying it so far!! and as always, let me know what you guys are thinking!!