chapter 16

As the two ghoulie men watched the crowd of the students and faculty in the cafeteria, Toni and Beatriz sat in the closest dorm. Toni was leaning up against the door as Beatriz sat down on the bed.

The two had been conversing for awhile now.

"You need to be careful." Beatriz told the serpent.

"What do you mean?"

Toni looked at the woman in the room with a confused look in her eyes.

The room was full of silence.

"Bea?" Toni said, soothingly.

She knew that if she used her charming ways, she could always get the answers out easily when she spoke to Beatriz.

Beatriz of course gave in when she heard her nickname being called by that soft voice. And looking into those sparkling, chocolate eyes made matters worse. She sighed before letting out her thoughts.

"You and that redhead." Beatriz looked down as she softly said the last part.

"You know who she is right?" The ghoulie added.

Toni stood in silence as she looked at the auburn headed woman, quietly nodding her head, giving her an answer.

"I've got nothing going on with her." Toni responded.

Beatriz stood up. She looked Toni up and down before saying another word.

"You can't mess up this mission, Antionette." Beatriz said.

Toni hadn't heard her full name being called out like that in such a long time. In all honesty, she hated being called that. For that same reason was why Beatriz would call her that. It was mostly in a teasing way. Toni always let it slide before because it was her. But now, Beatriz really didn't have the luxury of calling her that.

"You're gonna fuck it up if you keep messing with that Blossom. You don't want to make the boss angry. You'll make matters worse for yourself." Beatriz spoke as she slowly made her way towards the serpent.

The serpent moved away from the door she was leaning on, as she watched the slightly paler woman walk towards the door.

"I wouldn't be in this situation if it weren't for you anyways." Toni said coldly, as she scoffed at the ghoulie.

Beatriz held a grip on the doorknob. She didn't look back at her when Toni admitted that. Beatriz knew Toni was right. She felt horrible about it all but she would never admit that to Toni nor would she ever express it.

"I'm not an idiot, Beatriz. I know what I'm doing. The Serpents come first. I wouldn't risk losing my gang for a woman. There's not shit going on and ever will be."

Beatriz scoffed, rolling her eyes as she turned the knob to exit without saying another word. After watching the two women the day before, Beatriz could sense that there was something going on between them.

The ghoulie left the dorm, leaving Toni behind to sit with her thoughts.

She went to the cafeteria to join the crowd. Everyone was eating as, all the ghoulies guarded the perimeter of the room.

Beatriz couldn't keep her eyes off the redhead. A flame of jealousy grew in her body since she had seen Toni and Cheryl together.

The redhead just quietly ate her food as her two best friends sat next to her on each side. Every now and then they'd talk to eachother but all three feared of something happening so they had been timid overall.

Beatriz guarded the area that the trio sat at. Beatriz didn't remove her gaze from the redhead. She kept scrutinizing her, wanting to find answers to questions she didn't even know yet.

As she watched the redhead eat, she moved her eyes up and down her body, watching her. Slowly moving her stare up and down her body, Beatriz noticed something that caught her attention.

The necklace.

Toni's necklace.

Beatriz knew it was Toni's necklace. She had never seen one like it ever in her life and she could never forget how beautiful it looked.

Toni sat on the couch of her trailer with her arm wrapped around a beautiful auburn headed woman.

Beatriz shifts her position so she's looking at Toni with a smile. Her eyes start gazing into the eyes of the serpent across from her. Slowly, she moved her gaze down towards her neck where she discovered the necklace that the serpent never seemed to take off.

Toni and Beatriz have been together for about a year now and has never seen that necklace off of the tanned woman. She knew how much that necklace meant to her. Toni always guarded that necklace as if it were her own life she was guarding.

Beatriz grew a wider smile as she stared at the beautiful piece of jewelry around the serpents neck.

"You think you'll ever give up this necklace so I can wear it?" Beatriz asked, with high hopes that one day Toni would let her wear it.

Toni looked down to her necklace with a small but sweet chuckle.

"This necklace is much more precious than my life. I could never give it up." The serpent responded so quickly, as she used her free hand to play with her necklace a bit.

With confusion that filled her face as the memory pops up in her head about Toni's precious necklace, the flame of jealousy continued to grow.

She looked at the redhead, unknowingly giving her a death stare. But luckily, the redhead wasn't paying attention to any of the ghoulies and instead, worried about everyone else around her.

Beatriz sighed to herself, trying to gather all her thoughts and emotions.

"She said she'd never give it up." Beatriz whispered to herself, trying to remember the memory clearly.

Beatriz was beyond hurt over the fact that the Blossom woman had the necklace on. The same one that she had hoped Toni would let her have one day. Toni and Beatriz had broken up years ago. Yet, Beatriz could not seem to forget the most charming serpent she had ever encountered. Toni on the other hand, had been able to move on much more easily. By this point in her life, she was completely over Beatriz. She really didn't see anything with her beyond the year that they had shared together.

But Beatriz never once forgot about Toni and had hopes that they'd be together again.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
lmk what you guys thought about this chapter!!!

show some love and leave comments and don't forget to share your thoughts, opinions and predictions!!! i always enjoy hearing what you guys have to say!!! ((:

also in july, i might be slacking on updating mostly because i have a lot going on in july!! but i will try my best to keep writing and updating for you guys when i can!!!

enjoy your read!!