chapter 4

Just as Cheryl was about to start walking to her car, she hears a voice say something.

"Olivia Rodrigo, Sour."

Before Cheryl could turn around, she already knew who it was. She paused for a moment before slowly turning around with a confused look on her face.

"It's a good choice, I think." The short tanned woman added, walking closer to the redhead, handing her the record that Cheryl was trying to buy.

"That's the one, right?" She added, noticing how Cheryl hadn't said anything yet.

"Yes but no, I don't want it." Cheryl remarked, handing the record back to Toni.

"Fine. I'll take it then." Toni said as she snatched the record back and began walking away from the redhead.

The pale woman, astonished at her reaction. She expected them to go back and forth with the record but after one attempt, she left. She was intrigued after Toni had walked away after doing such a kind gesture for her. It only made her want to take it all back just so she could talk to her more. No one had ever bought Cheryl anything. And not only did Toni pay for what she wanted, she did it even after I had walked away from her.. And even after she had completely humiliated herself in the store, in front of her. Twice.

"Hey!" The redhead yelled in Toni's direction.

The tanned girl continued to walk, ignoring the yell.

"Toni!" Cheryl called out as she started speed walking towards her.

Toni continued to walk, even after she heard her name being called out. She finally stopped, widening her eyes at who she saw in front of her. What made her stop in her tracks wasn't Cheryl, it was the few faces that she recognized from the ghoulies. Quickly after seeing them, she turned around. Luckily she didn't have her serpent jacket on, and her hair was styled in a lazy way, making her appearance less recognizable. At least from the back view.

She sped walk right into Cheryl, grabbing onto her shoulders, motioning her to move with her.

"W-what are you doing?" Cheryl stuttered.

She was beyond confused at what Toni was doing. One second she was walking away, the next she wanted her to walk with her.

Toni didn't say a word but just continued to rush her some place. Cheryl just looked around and noticed the ghoulies. Why was she hiding from the ghoulies?

Toni spotted an alley, still hearing and feeling the gang right behind her. She shoved Cheryl into the alleyway and just looked at her, trying to signal her to go with it just with her eyes.

"Just one minute." Toni demanded, being completely mute after.

Cheryl looked into the brown orbs in front of her. She still couldn't figure out an explanation on what was going on right now. Looking past Toni's head, she saw the ghoulies nearing. She could feel and see Toni slightly tense up as she figured they were in close proximity. She moved her eyes back looking at her as the ghoulie turned around in their direction, trying to scrutinize the two. Toni skipped a breath, closing her eyes shut as she heard their steps getting closer.

Cheryl took one last look at the ghoulies behind Toni and her mind just clicked, immediately wanting to help.

"You went on a date with Veronica didn't you?!" Cheryl cried out, pushing Toni.

Toni kept a straight face, looking at her as confusion wandered into her face.

"Say something!" Cheryl continued to cry out, tears starting up at the rim of her eyelids.