chapter 7

Cheryl helped Toni up. She wrapped Toni's arm around her shoulder, helping her sit down on the couch in her office. From Cheryl's peripheral vision, she noticed the leather jacket that she was wearing. She quickly looked at the logo on the backside of it and looked to Toni.

"You're a serpent?" The Blossom wondered, getting up from the couch.

Toni didn't say a word for a minute, but just looked at her.

"Serpent Queen." The brunette corrected.

Cheryl nodded at the tanned woman as she reached in her desk drawer to pick up a first aid kit.

They hadn't seen eachother in weeks. And now they were brought back together, once again. It felt completely awkward between the two women. Especially after Toni had stood Cheryl up. Cheryl had been upset the last couple weeks as she remembered that night. But, she just kept reminding herself that true love will find her, and maybe Toni wasn't it. But yet, here they are again. Cheryl didn't know what to say now that she was in front of Toni.

"What happened?" Cheryl questioned, walking back to the brunette.

Silence filled the room. Cheryl plopped back down, right next to her.

Ignoring the non existent response to what she had said, Cheryl told Toni to remove her jacket and shirt so she could bandage up her wound.

The brunette did as she was told, leaving herself sitting on the couch in just her black lacy bra. Cheryl gently touched her skin, cleaning it off with an alcohol wipe. The brunette twitched at the sting she felt on her wound. Putting down the wipe, she looked to Toni before beginning to wrap the bandage around her shoulder. Cheryl was so focused, wrapping up the wound. Toni smiled slightly as she watched the redhead care for her. The smiling had gone unnoticed by Cheryl. She was being so gentle, helpful and caring. She definitely didn't deserve her help. Not after she had left her waiting all night at Pop's. But Toni couldn't help but admire the kind heart that this woman had.

"Why are you doing this?" The wounded woman asked.

"How could I ever repay you for your help?" The serpent added.

Cheryl sighed before answering with no emotion behind it, "Well, I'm not just doing you a favor."

"It's for the record you gave me." The redhead added.

Toni looked to the pale woman next to her and smiled. Cheryl sent a small smile, giving in to her careless act.

"Now we're even." Cheryl told the serpent, as she finished up bandaging Toni.

Minutes passed and Toni moved to stand up.

"Well, thanks for the help. But, I should get going now." The serpent grabbed her shirt and jacket and struggled to balance as she stood.

"No, you can't go. You're injured." The redhead reminded her, as she quickly stood up to hold Toni up.

Her wounded shoulder wasn't the only thing she had injured. She had hurt her leg in the fall and had caught a couple scratches and cuts from running through the woods. Toni was limping as she walked and winced at every step.

"Stay here. At least for a few days until your wound is better." Cheryl added.

"I'm putting you in danger if I stay." The serpent admitted.

"The ghoulies have it out for me. It's better that you don't get involved." She added.

"It doesn't matter, I know how to protect myself. You can't leave until I know that you're better. You can barely walk on your own. Just stay with me. You can hide out here from the ghoulies for awhile."