chapter 8

Even though Cheryl didn't really want to return to her office after the last conversation they'd had, she knew that she'd have to check up on Toni, making sure she had enough to eat everyday.

Cheryl really didn't know why she was hurt after finding out that necklace was given to her by a girl. They barely knew eachother and weren't together. But, she liked Toni. Cheryl knew it. She liked seeing Toni everyday and helping her. She barely knew Toni but when they were in the same room together, she just felt like no one and nothing else mattered. When Cheryl cared about someone, she'd risk anything. Especially for love. Cheryl's love is so strong.

Cheryl walked into her office with a bag of pops. She had bought some breakfast for Toni. She went on over to the door of her dorm room. Cheryl hesitated before knocking on it.

Toni opened the door immediately after the knock.

Cheryl hands over the bag of food to Toni.

"Enjoy." Cheryl said, trying to put on a smile.

"Thanks." Toni said, opening the door wider, hinting at Cheryl to come in.

"I'm not staying today. I just came to make sure you ate." Cheryl said.

"I've still got a ton of meetings to attend to." Cheryl lied.

Toni nodded at her response. Before she was even able to get a word out, Cheryl walked away.

-

Veronica, Betty and Cheryl were all in the lounge eating some dinner after school had ended. The trio would try and meet up at least once a week for all of them to catch up. All three of them were always so busy that they made sure to do this.

"Jughead and I have been going strong since we met." Betty told her best friends with a smile.

"That's great, B!" Veronica congratulated the blonde.

"Yeah.. Oh and I saw you and Toni walking out of pops together. I heard you ask her out on another date. How'd that go?" The blonde wondered, looking at the latina woman.

"Oh.." Veronica started, sounding a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, so I did.... Ask her."

Cheryl had her eyes and ears glued onto what Veronica was saying.

"Toni turned me down. She said she was way too busy to go to dinner with me. But, I just think that she was just trying to turn me down nicely." The raven-haired woman admitted.

"She was nice but you guys know how I am.. It probably wasn't gonna go anywhere." She added.

The two girls nodded.

"Well, I'm sure you'll find the person you're looking for soon." Betty said, cheerfully.

"Yeah, someone will come to you someday and unexpectedly. It always happens that way." Cheryl added, thinking about Toni as she said that.

Cheryl sighed to herself as all her thoughts ran through her mind. She didn't like the fact that her two best friends had no idea what was going on in her life, referring to the past and present events with Toni. She wanted so badly to tell her closest friends but wasn't sure how or when. She decided against telling her friends. For now, at least.