chapter 6

2 weeks later

It's late at night and Toni has just finished her shift the bar, the Whyte Wyrm. Toni loved the new location of it. It was just right under Pop's diner, her favorite place to grab a quick bite and it was a lot more private than before. Which was a huge advantage, especially when it came to doing any serpent business. The serpents loved the new hangout spot. They enjoyed the privacy of things, and it made them more comfortable knowing that the ghoulies didn't know where they were located at. When they'd leave the bar, they'd leave out of pops, so even if they spotted them coming out, it'd be difficult for them to find the walkway down to the whyte wyrm.

As Toni walked away from her bar, she said her goodbyes to the serpent behind the bar, who took the next shift.

As Toni walked out of pops, with a bag of food in her hand from the diner, Toni spotted two ghoulies out in the parking lot. They looked like they had just been waiting for her, which meant they've been watching her for awhile now.

The ghoulies and the brunette made complete eye contact. Toni dropped her bag of food and bolted as she saw the ghoulies rushing to approach her. She rushed right into the woods, next to pops, hoping that she could lose the ghoulies at some point in there.

The ghoulies were throwing knives every once in awhile, Toni trying to dodge them all.

"Just give up, you're outnumbered!" A ghoulie yelled out to Toni.

The brunette just ignored them and continued to run. The ghoulies still chasing her.

A knife was thrown at Toni, it was so close to her neck that it left a small scratch. She slightly tapped on her neck and looked down to her fingers, making sure that it wasn't bleeding.

"Shit." The tanned girl whispered to herself.

"Fucking ghoulies." She added.

She stopped in her tracks and impulsively acted on the attack. She immediately grabbed a knife that had gotten caught on the stem of tree right next to her. She looked at the ghoulies who stood in front of her, aiming at the ghoulie on the left. Toni never missed. She hated having to move towards violence, so she would choose to go against it. But, when she felt like it was necessary, Toni had no problem winning a fight. Especially against the ghoulies, most of the time.

The brunette darted the sharp knife right at the ghoulie she was aiming at. She smirked at herself as the knife stabbed the ghoulie in the abdomen.

"Still got it." She said to herself, cockily.

Toni chuckled as the ghoulie cowered down in pain, groaning loudly and shouting profanity. Her moment was ruined by a sharp pain on her shoulder. She looked down at it and saw a knife stabbed deep in her shoulder. The wound around the stab started bleeding.

Toni turned around quickly bolting again. As the ghoulie looked over to his companion, rushing to him to check up on him, Toni was able to get a head start on her run.

As the brunette ran, she pulled out the knife out of her shoulder quickly and threw it on the ground. She applied pressure with the palm of her hand as she ran. Toni looked back to see where the ghoulies were. The wounded ghoulie had finally gotten back up, the two chasing her again. They were still far behind, so Toni was able to make a quick escape somewhere.

Toni found herself running into a high aluminum fence in the woods. She gripped onto it, not knowing where to go or what to do next. She quickly acted on what was in front of her, going for the climb. She climbed up the fence, wincing through the pain on her shoulder as every movement made it harder to pull through. The blood dripped down landing on the fence as she climbed up it. She gripped onto the top of the rail and used all the strength in her to hop over it. From the top, Toni jumped down from the fence, landing on the green grass below her. Not being able to catch her balance, she fell, rolling down the hill, groaning at the pain of her shoulder that had become impulsively worse. The brunette stood up, once she found a balanced ground and gripped onto her shoulder, looking at the huge building in front of her. She could hear the ghoulies grabbing onto the fence, yelling to her. She looked at the huge building, trying to find an entrance.