chapter 12

Toni drove off on her bike, contemplating her next move. So many thoughts flooded her mind. She was so ready to depart and move on with her life but also couldn't help but wonder what'll happen next. Nothing is planned. Things change in a matter of seconds. What happens when Toni goes back to face her reality?

The serpent made a quick u-turn and headed back to the gate of the campus. She hadn't been driving too long. It had only been about a minute before she turned around. She found Cheryl walking back towards the gates. The engine of the motorcycle bearing caught the redheads attention. She quickly turned around to find the serpent driving back towards her. Cheryl walked closer to wear they had departed and Toni had stopped her vehicle right in front of Cheryl. She quickly hopped off in front of the redhead and immediately started taking off her necklace.

Cheryl noticing and confused.

"What are you doing?"

Toni didn't say a word but finished taking it off, moving her fingers to the clasps of the necklace.

"I can't leave without worrying about you." Toni admitted, as she quickly put the necklace on Cheryl.

"Always be hopeful and when you need protecting, know that I'm right here, protecting you." The brunette added, pointing to the bird with the stone on the necklace.

Cheryl looked down to the necklace around her neck, moving her hands up towards the back of her neck to take it off.

Toni quickly grabbed her hands, stopping her from removing the necklace.

"I can't take this necklace, Toni." The redhead started.

"Your sister gave it to you, I can't accept something like this."

"Consider it a parting gift. Thank you, Cheryl. For everything that you've done for me." The serpent replied with a small smile.

Cheryl's whole body relaxed at the tanned woman's smile. Her arms slowly fell down to the sides as she returned the smile.

Toni hopped back on her motorcycle, revving up her bike one last time and drove off. The redhead gripping onto the bird on the necklace as she watched the serpent drive off.

Neither of the women knowing when they'll see eachother again. Or if they ever will.

-

After a long day, Toni sat in the back room of her bar. It was about midday by this point. The back room was practically Toni's office. She had a desk back which was piled up with papers at the moment. She also had some seats. She had a chair for her behind the desk and then just a couch on the side of the wall.

SweetPea walked in and took a seat beside her on the couch. Sweet Pea was quick to abandon his formal wear from the day before. He hated wearing formal clothes. Today he had changed into his orange and red flannel button up muscle shirt which had the serpent logo stitched onto it, along with some casual black jean shorts with his wallet chain sticking out from it.

Toni had changed into a tightly fitted, black, long-sleeve crew neck which had black and gray snake skin printed on it. The shirt was  slightly see through, as her pain black bra had been able to make her outfit. The shirt was topped with a dark blue and yellow flannel shirt that was unbuttoned, making sure to reveal her snake printed shirt. She wore black skinny jeans with a metal buckle belt along with black, leather lace doc marten boots to finish the outfit. Her serpent jacket was in the process of getting clean, after the few rough days that the leather jacket had endured. So top off her outfit, she couldn't forget her name. Serpent Queen. She had replaced her newly naked neck with a black choker that had a silver snake on it. Her middle finger on her left hand wore a snake ring that wrapped around her finger.

"How have the serpents been?"

"Honestly, Toni?"

The serpent queen nodded at the much taller man. He sighed before speaking up once again.

"We're struggling. We need to make money, desperately."

"This war with the ghoulies has cost us so much. Every time we try and rebuild, they try and tear it all down again. We need to end this war."

Toni sighed, knowing he was right. But, Toni knew that the ghoulies weren't really targeting the gang as a whole but only herself. The war with the ghoulies was personal to Toni, which is why she always did everything to prevent the ghoulies from intervening anymore. Even if that meant putting herself on the line so that her gang gets to live freely without consequences plus the advantage of having money for her crew to live off of. As a young serpent, Toni had a huge reputation for doing things for her own needs no matter the risks. Not to say she was a bad person but, if in the end, doing a bad thing would benefit her... Toni would do it. At her young age, Toni was very pugnacious. She would always put herself in danger and not to mention, others too. She never cared about hurting people, especially after her sister left. Only her promotion to Serpent Queen leveled the dangerous serpents habits. But Toni was getting desperate, she needed money for her gang. She needed to do what needs to get done in order to be the leader that she was chosen to be. Toni has a dark past that she has always tried to push so far down, trying to move past that part of her. But, with her gang struggling this much, Toni found herself at the door for entry, once again.

"I understand. I'll make some calls and see what needs to be done." The serpent queen responded.

Sweet Pea nodded at her in agreement.

After some more casual conversation between the two serpents, Sweet Pea left the queen behind, leaving her be.

After the tall serpent had left, Toni got up to reach in her pocket for her burner phone. She sat against her desk as she flipped through her contacts.

Clicking on a contact, she pulled the phone up to her ear.

"I'll do it. Just send me the info." The tanned woman said before flipping off her phone and walking to a large picture frame of her own tanned hand with black nail polish painted on, holding a serpent.

She flipped open the frame, revealing a small black safe built into the wall. She clicked on a few numbers, putting the code in and unlocked it, opening it up.

Toni reaches in her safe, gripping onto her weapon. With her free hand she slightly lifts up her flannel. She then shoves her silver and black pistol in between the back of her jeans and covers up the weapon with her flannel once again.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
last cute choni moment for awhile i guess ..... y'all might hate me for what'll happen next but crazy drama is always needed. hehe

hope you enjoy this chapter. what do you think toni's up to?? leave comments, opinions and predictions!

enjoy the last of choni for a while! (: