chapter 19

As Toni sat in what was a familiar office to her, she looked around to her surroundings. The Serpent had found herself leaning back in the chair as she scrutinized every inch of the redheads office. Toni had locked herself in the office for the time being. The huge duffel bag sat in front of her on the desk.

In the corner of the room, Toni had spotted a record player on top of a cabinet that was full of the Blossom's collection of her musical discs.

The brunette had stood up and walked over to the music player out of curiousity. The redhead had left a record out on display. Toni guessed it was the last thing she might have listened to.

It was the record that she had gifted her. Toni picked it up and took the record out as if there was a lot to see. It was nothing more than a record. She slid it back in its cover and held the record as she made her way back to sit at the desk. Before the Serpent had taken a seat, she removed the duffel bag from the table and placed it beside her, on the floor.

Toni placed the record on the table and just sat there and looked at it.

Minutes later, the brunette found herself scrummaging through the pale woman's desk trying to find something.

Toni pulled out a blank piece of paper and a pen, immediately forming words after words to jot down.

Once Toni had finished, she threw down the pen on the desk and folded up the paper nicely and slid it in with the record. She then proceeded to pick up the record, placing it where she found it.

Taking one last look at the record, the tanned woman dug into her pocket, tangling her fingers in between the piece of jewelry that meant everything to her. She looked down, admiring the necklace, not knowing what her next move should be.

After a lot of reminiscing, Toni slid the jewelry back into her pocket and going back to desk to pick up the duffel bag. The office had caused her to have too many distractions but it was also a place where the ghoulies left her alone for the most part. The office had become such a comforting place to the Serpent Queen.

As Toni tried to snap out of her thoughts and get her head back in the mission, she threw the duffel bag onto the desk.

Ever since she had taken the duffel bag, Toni had never given a moment to count her earnings.

Wanting some privacy and to get away from all the chaos and extreme emotions and just her wanting space from her 'comrades' in general, she had informed them that she would be getting some rest and to not bother her unless it was important. Beatriz being the person to always want to do what Toni asks, respected Toni and had agreed to give her the privacy that she wants for the time being.

So now, there Toni sat. In this very familiar office of the red headed woman who had risked it all to help her in the past.

Toni let out a huge sigh just thinking of everything that has happened in the past few days. It has been a lot but, Toni knew it'd be over soon. At least that's what the Serpent hoped. She had entrusted in her rivals, given the fact that they were the only ones who could help her in her situation as soon as possible.

Finally, Toni had gained the courage to unzip the duffel bag to begin her counts. Just half her payment now would suffice for the Serpents for at least a couple months. That's why Toni chose to do this, knowing it'd be her best option to get the most out of it.

The brunette stuck her hand in the bag, rustling through the paper money just eye out how much it is.

Stack by stack, Toni slowly took it out. Counted all the cash carefully.

She had counted it once... Twice... Three times... before realizing that what she had in the duffel bag wasn't the amount that she had promised.

She doubted her math each time, in hopes that she could just be wrong. But she got the exact same number each time she counted, explicitly meaning that she had been shorted.

"FUCK!" Toni yelled, immediately standing up and throwing the cash she once held onto the desk, leaving it scattered around.

Toni paced back and forth right in front of the desk, trying to figure out her next move. She had no idea what to do in all of this chaos. One wrong move and she could get herself killed. Or worse... Gets Cheryl killed.

The tanned woman is so angry that her thoughts can't even properly run through her mind.

All of a sudden, her scattered thinking was being interrupted by abrupt and collective screams, gasps and sounds of tons of people just running around.

Her head jolts to the door, with her face full of confusion.

"What the hell is going on now?" The serpent whispers to herself.

Before going to check out the situation, Toni rushes to clean up after herself.

She quickly stacks up the cash that she had thrown on the desk, and shoving the money back in the bag. She quickly zips it up and grabs the duffel bag to place it where she had hidden it before, under the bed of the dormitory of the Blossom's office. She made sure that the sheets covered that dragged onto the floor covered the bag and quickly exited the dorm, closing the door right behind her.

She rushes over back to the desk and grabs a hold of her pistol that had been laying on the corner of her desk the whole time. She placed it under her shirt and jacket and in between her the back of her pants, as she always did.

With that, the Serpent finally rushed out the office, searching for whatever this commotion is.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
sorry i haven't updated in so long... i hope i still have some readers!! leave comments and show some love and support if you're still with me!!

hope you guys enjoy this chapter... sorry if it's boring but i tried my best to update since i hadn't in months!!

nonetheless, i hope you guys still enjoy the read anyways!!

leave predictions and/or ideas for what you want to happen next!!