chapter 5

Cheryl got Betty and Josie to watch the girls and the academy as she rushed out for the lunch date that she had longed for. She had become so excited for it. Cheryl had left the campus and headed off to pops, driving in her beautiful, red impala. She wanted to arrive to this date in style, so she went with her classic car instead of her brand new red 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Even though her Mercedes was stylish enough, she felt that her classic car was a leave more of an impression than her 2022 Mercedes-Benz.

When Cheryl got to pops, she walked in with a smile, greeting the waitress, Tabitha and her grandfather who everyone just calls, Pop. Cheryl looks around and doesn't spot the brunette yet. She checks her watch to look at the time. It's 12:50 PM. Cheryl had anticipated this lunch date so much that she got there earlier than she had even expected. She looks around trying to find an open booth for them to sit at. She picked the same booth that they had their blind date in, since it had been open. She slid in the booth, putting her purse down beside her and anxiously tapping her Louis Vuitton heel on the floor.

At 1 on the dot, Cheryl checked her watch again. She looked out the diner window, looking to see if she could spot the tanned girl. Her eyes desperately looking back and forth and close and further away in search of the brunette. Her searching being interrupted by the ringing of bell on the door. That must be her. It's 1:00 exactly! Cheryl quickly turned her head over to look, with a smile, hoping to lock eyes with the beautiful brunette.

The pale girls smile quickly faded when she realized it was just a random customer coming in. She continued to tap her leg as she sighed, awaiting the brunette. It had just turned 1 so she gave the woman a few more minutes to show.

Cheryl checked her watch again at 1:15. Cheryl huffed when there were still no signs of the woman that was invited.

"Maybe she's just running late." Cheryl mumbled to herself, softly.

At 1:45, Tabitha came over with a strawberry milkshake. It had beautifully decorated whipped cream and cherry right in the middle.

"On the house." Tabitha said with a smile.

Tabitha sensed that Cheryl was waiting on someone. She kept looking back every time the bell rang. And every time it wasn't the person she was looking for, Cheryl's face fell. She felt bad that they hadn't shown yet. Cheryl is such a kind person with so much love to give.

Cheryl nodded at her, smiling back.

"Thank you, Tabitha." Cheryl said politely, as she grabbed the cherry and shortly popping it in her mouth, putting the stem down on a napkin beside her milkshake.

At 2:15, Cheryl had looked out the window once again, looking back with every bell ring and looking around the diner in case she had just missed her. But, it seemed like she still wasn't here.

She was sipping on her milkshake when she looked over to the toothpicks and grabbed them. She wanted to give Toni as much time to show as she could. Cheryl opened up the little container of the toothpicks and started stacking it up in a tower, just like Toni had done the day she saw her.

30 minutes had passed and still no sign of Toni. At this point, Cheryl had finished her toothpick tower. She used up all the toothpicks on her booth and the one behind her, since no one was seated there. Cheryls toothpick tower was at about the same height that Toni's was at, that night. The redhead sighed as she stared at her tower.

It was now 3. Cheryl had been waiting for 2 hours. She was ready to go by this point. She didn't have anymore time or patience to wait on someone any longer. Something inside of her body hurt her a bit when she realized she had been stood up. What made matters worse was that she allowed herself to start to grow very fond of this woman. She thought she was attractive, nice, thoughtful and creative. All qualities that Cheryl liked. Toni was very mysterious though. She didn't speak a lot but when she did, you couldn't help but just listen to what she had to say. That's what intrigued Cheryl. How little but how big the things she would speak of would be when they talked.

Cheryl looked at her tower that stood strong and tall. She slowly lifted her hand towards it, poking the tower in the middle with her pointer finger. All the toothpicks fell down all at once. Cheryl watched it all fall, feeling the exact same way as the tower looked. Defeated and broken down. She had let herself get so excited over this one person and now here she was. Alone. Again.

The redhead sighed, digging into her purse to find some cash to tip Tabitha for her top tier service.

Just then, Tabitha came over and to pick up the redhead's now empty milkshake glass.

Cheryl looked up at the girl and gave her a fake smile that tried to hide the pain behind.

"I'm sorry that they never came." Tabitha apologized, feeling completely sympathetic towards the pale woman.

"No need for you to apologize." Cheryl said as she reached into her wallet for a $20 bill.

"But thank you anyway, Tabitha." The redhead smiled genuinely at her.

Cheryl handed the waitress the $20 bill.

"I said milkshake was on the house." The server told, hesitating to reach for the money.

"I know." Cheryl said as she placed the money in Tabitha's hand.

"It's for letting me sit here for hours without ordering or buying a thing when you could've just kicked me out." The redhead chuckled.

The waitress chuckled as well.

"Thanks, Cheryl. It's always a pleasure to have you here."

Tabitha walked away, putting the money in her apron pocket and collecting the empty glass.

Cheryl sighed disappointingly and cleaned up the toothpicks on the table.

She looked around one final time and out the window in hopes that she'd still show after so long. After accepting her fate, Cheryl got up from the booth and finally left the diner as she gripped onto her purse and hopped back onto her impala ready for a disappointing ride back home.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
poor cheryl. )): hope you guys enjoy this disappointing chapter haha.

what would a good story be without pain/drama tho??

let me know what you guys think of this chapter!! leave comments and opinions!! love hearing what you guys have to say!!