chapter 18

Cheryl pulled the trigger as Toni looked directly at her.

All that was a heard was a small click. The firearm hadn't been loaded. There was nothing in there.

After Cheryl heard the first click and saw nothing, she clicked again. And again. And just kept clicking it. Toni looked towards the gun after she continued to pull the trigger. She brought her hand over the forearm and gently pushed down her arm and grabbed the hand gun, placing it where it had been before.

"I told you, I'm not trying to hurt anyone." Toni admitted.

Cheryl looked at the brunette, with a saddened expression on her face.

"Just please give me a moment to explain." Toni offered.

Cheryl shook her head, not wanting to hear the shorter woman out.

Toni stepped closer, lifting up her arm in an attempt to reach out to the redhead.

Cheryl quickly saw her actions and stepped further away from her, scoffing at the serpent.

Toni finally gave up at attempting to reason with the woman. She shook her head and sighed. Toni truly just wished that at this moment Cheryl didn't hate her as much as she did.

"I'm taking you back now." Toni told the redhead.

Cheryl agreed and walked over to the door herself, ready to leave and head back to her friends and students.

Toni followed right behind her and aggressively grabbed the pale woman's arm as she had begun to feel a bit irritated with the other woman in the room with her.

She held a strong grip on the pale woman's arm as she walked her back to the rest of the crowd.

This was the first time Cheryl ever felt Toni be something other than gentle or soft with her.

Toni wasn't being completely aggressive because she could have been worse. But it was definitely more aggressive than she has ever shown with Cheryl. Toni's irritation just was getting to her and at this moment, Toni didn't care. She was only trying to help the woman that she had such a soft spot for. But, things didn't go the way she had expected.

While they walked in the hall, Cheryl began to refuse to walk, holding them back.

"Cheryl, let's go." Toni demanded in a serious tone.

"No." Cheryl paused, she looked at Toni.

Tears formed on the rim of her eyelids.

She forced her arm away from the tanned woman's grip.

"I hate you." Cheryl cried as she grabbed onto the necklace that wrapped around her neck.

"I really fucking hate you. I regret ever meeting you. Ever helping you. Most of all I regret ever falling for you." Cheryl added.

Toni stood there in silence, looking back at her.

"You don't care about me or any of us."

"That's not true." Toni finally said, after moments of just listening to the redhead rant in front of her.

She looked right into Toni's eyes. Toni looking right back at here, lacking to show any emotion as she had just spoke.

Toni's expression was enough for Cheryl to build up her anger. Tears shed across her cheeks by this point. Toni watched the vulnerable girl in front of her, not saying a word.

By this point, Cheryl was sobbing. She ripped off the necklace and threw it at Toni where it bounced back on her to fall on the floor.

The two just staring into each others eyes. Tears kept falling from the pale woman's face as the tanned woman held a strong expression across her face.

"Hey!"

Their silent gaze had been interrupted.

The two woman lifted their heads and turned in the direction where the voice was heard.

There stood Beatriz with a gun pointing at their direction, aiming at Cheryl.

"What's going on here? Why are you guys out here?" Beatriz yelled from afar.

Beatriz stood by the entrance of the cafeteria where everyone else was.

Toni spoke up, quickly answering.

"We were just heading back. I tripped on something and I let go of her grip for a moment to catch myself from falling." Toni lied.

Beatriz looked between the two women. She knew that it was sus between them but didn't want to get involved right here as the two other ghoulish men were just right beside her. She ignored the suspicion and decided to let it go this time.

Beatriz put down her gun and sighed.

"Hurry and go run back and meet with everyone else, Blossom." Beatriz yelled at the redhead.

Cheryl quickly obeyed as she ran towards the cafeteria, running past Beatriz to enter and join the rest of the hostages.

Beatriz watches closely and had noticed the pale woman reddened face and puffy eyes with her tear stained cheeks. She watched as Cheryl ran back to sit down in between her two friends.

She looked back at Toni to find the tanned woman staring at her already.

"I'll be there in a minute." Toni said.

Beatriz nodded and headed back into the cafeteria to keep guard.

As soon as there was no sign of Beatriz, Toni turned around, letting out a big sigh before letting her face fall. One of her eyes had begun to water up the rim of her eyes as she had allowed herself to soften up after the scene she had witnessed with Cheryl.

She looked around the floor to find the necklace that had been thrown at her. She looked to find it right beside her foot.

She picked up the necklace with her left hand as it was found towards that side of her. She opened up her hand to look at the necklace, placing the pendant right in the middle of her palm as the chain dangled over the top of her hand. A single tear fell from her cheek and hit the necklace that the tanned girl held with palm of her hand. Toni quickly wiped her watery eyes and wrapped her hand around the necklace before placing it in her pocket.

Toni turned around, once again putting on a poker face to hide and leave behind all of her emotions.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! sorry about the late update, i've just been hella busy! but hope this chapter is good enough for y'all! (((: make sure to share some opinion's, comments and show some love!! like and comment!! love hearing your comments!! love you guys!! thanks for bearing with me haha !!