chapter 13

The serpent roamed the mysterious woods that lay in the middle of town. The same woods that she had run into from Pop's diner that one night. It was just about right after the sun had set. She was in search of a shack that she had been sent off to find which had half of her earnings for this mission inside. Half now, and the rest after it's been done. She finally found the shack in the woods. She forced the door open after it had been locked and shuffled through the shed to find the black duffel bag of money. She unzipped the bag to make sure the cash was in there and closed it back up once it had been confirmed with her eyes. The brunette wrapped the strap over her shoulder, like a crossbody.

As Toni walked out the shack and shut the doors, she grabbed her gun, keep a hold on it for protection. She looked around, walking slowly right by the fence that separated the campus from the woods. Walking down the hill, she heard some voices and looked over to find ghoulies looking around like they were in search of something or someone.

As soon as the rival gang members heard noises of someone walking, their heads jolted up into the direction they had heard it from. Immediately when Toni noticed them, she put her gun back behind her pants, covering the weapon with her flannel that she was wearing.
She found herself running back to the shack, trying to find a lock for it. She shoves things around in the shack, finding a small little entrance behind a block of wood and crouches down going through it. The ghoulies immediately seeing the serpent run into the shack, follow right behind. Running through a underground tunnel, finding a door at the end. The door is unlocked and Toni turns the knob entering a basement. She immediately closes it behind her as she hears the footsteps of the ghoulies following behind her. She runs through the basement, finding steps upstairs and follows through. She quietly roams through the halls of the unknown building and finds herself in a familiar place. As the ghoulies chased Toni, Toni found herself running through elegant halls finding herself at the entrance of the same, Blossom Academy. As soon as the Serpent Queen walked in, all eyes fell down to her. There she was again. That beautiful redhead that had helped her before. She was right in front of the stairs and their eyes locked almost immediately after noticing eachother. Students surrounded them. Toni walked towards the pale, redheaded beauty. She took slow and small steps.

"What are you doing here?" Cheryl asked, as confusion completely filled her face.

Toni didn't say a word. She just continued to look at her.

Shortly after, the ghoulies came barging through the same halls.

Cheryl's eyes departed from Toni's and directed towards the gang members behind her.

Toni turned around to face her rivals.

"Stop right there, pinky."

Toni rolled her eyes at the nickname. She hadn't had her hair dyed pink since she was a teenager and yet she could never get rid of the name.

"What are you doing?" A ghoulie asked.

The two ghoulies looked past Toni and towards the redhead. The serpent noticed the ghoulies nearing and looking right at the redhead.

"I know what you're here for." The tanned woman stated.

Before looking at the ghoulies, the brunette took a quick glance at the redhead. She reached behind her and under her flannel, gripping onto her pistol as it was still hidden.

The ghoulies came closer.

Cheryl walked closer to Toni, in hopes of finding out what was going on. As soon as Cheryl neared, Toni grabbed Cheryl from the back of her shirt with her free hand and pulled her closer towards her.

Cheryl skipped a breath as Toni forced her to her new position. She was confused yet feared her for a moment. She'd never seen this aggressive side of Toni.

Toni looked straight at the ghoulies as she kept her grip on the redhead.

The serpent held a strong grip on her pistol, finally pulling it out, pointing the silver and black weapon towards the two ghoulies.

"Back off, you ghouls." The tanned woman demanded.

"Ah, I see. You want it all to yourself." One of the ghoulies said with a smirk that wasn't charming at all.

His face expression was more of a smug like look.

Toni didn't say a word. Just held her gun right at the ghoulie that spoke.

The ghoulie came closer as the other stayed back.

Silence filled as the ghoulie neared. Gasps and little to no movement of the girls were heard.

Toni moved the gun from pointing towards the ghoulie to the woman right beside her. The barrel of the gun touching the redheads temple, as Toni looked at the ghoulie. Gasps, cries and whimpers spread the room.

Cheryl's breath just stopped, her eyes closing shut. She couldn't breathe in fear that Toni might just pull the trigger.

Cheryl had no idea what was going on nor did she want to even know now. All she wanted was to get out of this situation that she was in right now. All she could think about was why? Why was Toni doing this? Why to her? Opening up her eyes to the reality in front of her once again, tears began to appear on the rim of her eyes. Cheryl just stood still. Breathing heavy but so gentle at the same time.

"Don't come closer or...." Toni paused.

Toni side-eyed the redhead in her grip. Noticing the tears and light sobs as she held the weapon to her head.

"She dies." Toni finished, with a stern voice.

The ghoulie paused as she looked between the two women.

"You know we can't have that." The ghoulie admitted, stopping in his tracks.

Toni knowing damn well exactly why which is why she had threatened them this way.

Toni just looked at the ghoulie. The ghoulie took one step forward.

"Don't do this." The ghoulie demanded, with a panicked voice.

Toni clicked on the hammer on the gun as soon as he saw the ghoulies step forward.

Cheryl's heart rate increased when she heard the click. She swallowed her breath and breathed as little as possible with the gun to her head.

Toni took into account the ghoulie ignoring her.

She had her finger on the trigger.

"One..." Toni said as the ghoulies and her sent eachother daggers through their eyes.

The ghoulie begging her to stop.

"Two..."

Cries by all the girls were all anyone could hear at this point.

"Three."

Toni pulled the trigger.

PEEEEWWWWWW.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
this chapter scary and intriguing enough for y'all?? hahah sorry!!! sorry i took longer to update. i had a different chapter originally written and changed it last minute.

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, let me know what you guys think... how high your anxiety levels are maybe .... 🤔😂

haha but leave a like and comment opinions, predictions and show some love!!!