♡𝗢𝗯𝘀𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙬𝙤♡

The police had arrived shortly after Freddie had made the call, twenty minutes to have been precise.

There was nothing that could have helped ease the shock that you were feeling at that point in time, even as the minutes ticked by.

Unfortunately, as much as you wanted to get out of the apartment as soon as you could, you couldn't - for you were required to stay back in order to speak with the officers that had arrived to tend to the scene.

Freddie had stayed right by your side the whole time, and you were extremely grateful for that. If he hadn't been there to prop you up, emotionally, you would most likely have had one hell of a nervous breakdown.

Who wouldn't have had a nervous breakdown after witnessing such a horrific scene?

As you sat there on your sofa, your hands trembling in your lap, you watched as Freddie spoke with the officer standing in front of him - his voice a tad bit hostile, a result of the fact that he was all too worried about you.

At that point, you were so shocked that you couldn't even grieve for Jasper's demise, for the full severity of the situation hadn't hit you yet - hence, all you could do was sit there and observe quietly, watching as the officers moved about the apartment in a bid to search for any clues that might have made their deduction of the case a little easier.

A couple of minutes prior, one of the officers had informed you that Brian had been called, and that he was on his way back - but you were far too disturbed to have been worried about seeing him again. With everything that had just happened, Brian's infidelity didn't seem like the biggest problem anymore.

You sat there with tear stained cheeks and a relatively stoic expression on your face as your eyes darted about the room. Your hands were resting on your knees, trembling and cold.

The horrifying sight from earlier had been burned into the back of your mind, leaving you frightened in ways you didn't even know had existed until the present moment.

Though your mind wasn't quite focused on what was happening around you, your senses were alert - so you could see everything, feel everything, and hear everything; your stoic expression was not a good indicator of how attuned you really were.

Naturally, given how implicitly alert you were, your eyes shot to Freddie and the officer - whose name badge read: Officer Dennings - when you heard the latter individual ask a question that captured your focus.

"Is there anyone, that you know of, that might want to hurt the two of them?" Dennings quizzed Freddie, referring to you and Brian.

After all, the apartment was where the both of you resided, and Jasper was the pet that the both of you had adopted as a couple.

Freddie shook his head. "No, none that I know of. In fact, everyone loves them - they're the perfect couple," he raised his eyebrows, grimacing when he recalled the most recent string of events. "Well they were the perfect couple,"

Upon hearing that, officer Dennings moved closer, indirectly placing you within the conversation - all with a mere shift in his standing.

"I'm sorry, were?" Dennings shot a confused glance in your direction.

"Yeah, they were until Bri screwed it up by f****** some other bitch," Freddie scoffed, folding his arms. "Nina isn't even all that!"

If the current circumstances hadn't been so grim, you'd have burst into laughter.