♡𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗱♡

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝖲𝖤𝖳 𝖨𝖭 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖸𝖤𝖠𝖱:
៚𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟵
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

You walked out from the kitchen to the small dining area of your college campus apartment, a fond smile playing at your lips as you observed the studious features of your boyfriend's face.

With two cups of freshly brewed coffee in your hands, you approached the table he was seated at.

He was so focused on the paper he was writing that he barely noticed your presence at the table.

The pair of you might have only been second year college students, but you were well into a committed relationship - going as far as to live together as roommates, except you weren't just two students living together.

You were lovers, and you had been for about a year now.

Brian - that was the name of the boyfriend that you adored so dearly - was a physics student, a gifted one at that and you were a medical student.

Both academic fields were incredibly demanding, so the two of you were often tied down with assignments and work, but there was something intimate about being able to accomplish those tasks together - perhaps that was what had allowed your bond to be a little stronger than most would have expected.

The two of you loved each other deeply, that was no secret, and it went unspoken that you hoped to spend the rest of your lives together once you were farther along in life.

In the recent weeks, however, that love appeared to have been one sided, with Brian being the party that withheld his affection - or at least it seemed that way.

You knew that that wasn't the case, that he was merely deeply concentrated on the paper he was presently attempting to finish for his physics professor. It wasn't his first paper, so you'd been through that phase before. However, it was the first time Brian had ignored you so much, even being dismissive with you when he did acknowledge your presence.

Of course, you completely understood that he was simply consumed by the stress of finishing his paper, and that he would fall back into the boyfriend you recognized when everything was finished - but that didn't mean you weren't troubled about it from time to time.

It was a little after eight in the evening, and Brian hadn't had anything to eat since he'd returned to the apartment to continue working on his paper. You had tried to get him to eat something, but your attempts had been futile, so you resorted to preparing him a cup of coffee, at the least.

"Oi," you called for his attention in a playful manner, pushing his cup toward him as you settled down onto one of the chairs at the table. "Coffee,"

He briefly glanced up at you before his eyes fell to the cup in front of him.

"Thank you," he mumbled, the barely visible whisper of a smile gracing his lips before he diverted his attention back to his work.

You couldn't help but smile as you rested your chin in the palm of your hand, your elbow propped up on the table.

Feeling a little playful, you tilted your head slightly. "So you know...I got a random marriage proposal today from this wonderful looking boy in my biology class," you remarked, just to get on his nerves a little.

It went without saying that no one appealed to you more than Brian did - you only wanted to bother him slightly.

"So?" he replied, his eyes still focused on what he was doing.