♡𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗜𝘀 𝗕𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚♡

☆·┈┈┈·┈┈┈·┈┈·┈┈┈·┈┈┈·☆
𝙵𝙾𝙻𝙻𝙾𝚆𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙿𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙶
𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙴𝙽 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂.
☆·┈┈┈·┈┈┈·┈┈·┈┈┈·┈┈┈·☆

"And that was 'Another One Bites The Dust', by - you guessed it, Queen,"

A small smile graced your lips as you reached over to turn the radio off. After the band's song had been played, there was nothing else worth listening to.

In spite of all the years that had passed, the band's music had managed to continuously set unparalleled benchmarks for the other artists within the industry - but that had never once surprised you, because you'd always known that the boys had unimaginable potential.

It was hard to believe that ten years had passed since you'd last seen or spoken to the boys - yet at the same time, the person you had grown into was proof that the years waited for no one.

These days, your apartment was usually very quiet, and most of your time was spent around your work as a university lecturer, which had now become your career.

In the ten years that had passed, you'd managed to achieve a doctorate in accounting, so you couldn't say that you hadn't done well for yourself.

Academically and professionally, you were extremely abundant, and everyone could see that. Most of your fellow professors at the university you taught at were always singing your praises, admiring you for how accomplished you were at such a young age - you'd even served as an example of success to the students you taught.

But what they didn't know was that it was overcompensation for what you lacked as a person - love.

After leaving to start a new life in a different area, you had never quite been the same. You had tried to move on and get over the one person you loved madly, but no matter what you did, that one aspect had remained unchanging.

Whilst everything else in your life had flourished, you were a very lonesome person, spending most of your time by yourself.  You had acquaintances here and there, but you never opened up to anyone - not after everything that had happened to you.

Of course, it wasn't as though you still cried about it, for it had happened a fair while back - but the memory did still manage to put pressure on your heart whenever you thought about it.

You had kept in touch with the boys, but it was very seldom, and correspondece was always left in messages trusted with a third party to hand to each other.

The boys usually left messages with the university that you taught at, and you usually left messages with a secretary of theirs.

They were often very busy, and so were you, hence the irregular consistency of contact.

But it hardly bothered you by that point in your life - life went on.

Though you had never spoken to Brian, or Jasmine, after you'd left, you'd heard that they'd had a son, not too long after you disappeared.

However, karma never forgot anyone - about a year after Brian and Jasmine had gotten married, you'd heard of her passing. According to what you'd gathered, she'd been diagnosed with a vicious form of cancer that had claimed her life very quickly - causing her demise shortly after she'd given birth.

Irrespective, life continued to move ahead, and though there were many regrets from the past, there was no use in crying over spilt milk. What was done had been done, and you could only hope to live your life as best you could.