♡𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙎𝙞𝙭♡

𝚂𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶, 𝟷𝟿𝟼𝟿.
──────────

"Brian, is that you?" Lara laughed as she felt a familiar pair of hands obstruct her vision from behind her.

The university campus was alive with chatter and laughter from the many students that roamed the grounds, some heading to their classes, and some simply biding the time with their friends.

Everything the morning sunlight touched appeared golden, and as Lara had taken a pause to glance at her timetable, she was pleasantly surprised by the young man that she loved dearly - a fellow physics student that loved her with equal fervour, if not more.

Brian removed his hands, breaking into an affectionate grin as she turned around to face him.

"What gave me away?" he asked.

She tilted her head, raising her eyebrows at him as though the question was rather daft, causing him to burst into laughter.

"Someone isn't feeling too playful this morning," he teased, playfully touching her nose, earning a giggle from her. "But I have something that I hope will bring a smile to my stunning beloved's face,"

Lara's face lit up at the genuine affection that her boyfriend showed her - words couldn't express how happy he made her.

The young lady had everything any young lady could ever have asked for; she was beautiful, incredibly intelligent, stood as the valedictorian of her physics class, and had the love of a fellow student that went unmatched. Whilst she hadn't necessarily graduated yet, she was the unofficial valedictorian, and Brian had taken the place of the salutatorian. They were both insanely gifted, and Lara had only ever outdone her lover by a mark or two, whenever their grades were measured.

It was a very thin line that separated their ranking, but regardless of the difference, Brian was tremendously proud of his girlfriend for her achievements, and there was never a time where he felt insecure.

Everyone admired their relationship, and now that they'd been committed to each other for nearly three years, it was clear that they were most likely going to spend the rest of their lives together.

"Mhm?" she bit her lip with an eager smile, observing as he reached into the pocket of his trousers.

When she saw him pull out a beautiful silver necklace, a gasp escaped her.

It was a very delicate chain, with a dainty pearl for a pendant.

"Brian!" she exclaimed with excitement, gazing at it with awe. "It's stunning!"

He couldn't stop smiling at the sight of her delight - it was what made his day.

"Turn around," he instructed softly.

Instantly, she obliged, her eyes bright with joy as she felt him secure the chain around her unblemished neck.

Once it was safely clasped around her neck, she turned back to face him, her fingers grazing over the pearl.

"It's beautiful!" she glanced down at it before bringing her eyes back up to his.

"Never as beautiful as you," he smiled, only to break into a laugh as she threw her arms around him.

"If this is a ploy to get laid, it's definitely working," she giggled before tugging him in for a kiss.

He chuckled into the kiss, pulling her against him without a worry in the world.