♡𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗱 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙬𝙤♡

𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟿.
────

"Thank you so much, Dr. (Y/LN), you have no idea how relieved I am,"

You broke into a smile as you pushed open your office door, kindly holding it open for your patient to walk out of your review room ahead of you - a ritual you practised with all of your patients.

"There's no need to thank me, Mrs. Lincoln, it's what I'm here for," you laughed as you followed her out, holding her file in your hand. "Now just remember what I said, back there, alright?" you swiftly moved to walk next to her as she casually rested a hand over her visible baby bump. "You'll have to be extra careful, since you're older, but aside from that, you can expect to have an unproblematic pregnancy,"

She nodded, slowly stopping as she stared at you with a bit of an awestruck smile.

Instinctively - as you had grown accustomed to doing so, after four years of practising - you stopped as well, smiling back at her sweetly.

"You really are good at what you do, take it from me," she managed a hearty giggle. "The wealth I've come from has seen many gynecologists come and go, but you truly are a cut above the rest," she sighed appreciatively.

Giving her a grateful nod of your own, you responded to her words of praise. "I'm only as good as my patients allow me to be, and I don't intend to go anywhere any time soon - so you can count me as one of the gynecologists that comes to stay," you broke into a laugh.

"Ah, I hope you do, because I can see you making a wonderful earning at this hospital," she wiggled her eyebrows, hinting at the prestige and sophistication of the medical facility that you served as an asset to.

If there was one thing you hadn't lost out on, it was the professional aspect of your life - you had managed to make it through all of your medical studies, emerging into the position you were presently in.

A specialized gynecologist - and it was no secret as to what might have inspired you to pursue that particular field of focus.

"I've been here for about two years, and I can definitely vouch for that," you winked, forcing the both of you to burst into laughter as you continued to walk toward the waiting area, which was also where reception was.

The two of you exchanged a few more jokes as you handed her file to the receptionist that was responsible for placing it back into the cabinet until it was next required to be pulled out, and after that was done, Mrs. Lincoln bid her friendly goodbye before walking out.

But by then, you were already picking up the next file from the appointment allocation, for you were quite the busy professional - having spent the majority of your days reviewing patient after patient.

At that point, that was all your life had become dedicated to - your profession, and your profession alone.

Many of your colleagues often teased you about having a non-existent personal life, which was rather true, but at least the high income bracket made up for whatever you might have been lacking in other areas of your life.

Your goal, first and foremost, was to help people, but if it also meant that you got to cash in on how lucrative it could be, you certainly weren't complaining.

"Uh...Linda?" you looked up from the new file that was now in your hands, your eyes scanning the small crowd of people that were seated in the waiting area.