♡𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧♡

𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟿.
𝙱𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙽
─────

I could never have imagined that I would play the part of an accomplice in something so heinous - but to have been fair, I'd never even believed in the idea of 'dark magic'.

All my life, I'd defined nearly every aspect of my life with logic and reason, rationality and understanding - everything for me was straightforward and scientific.

For me, there were only two possibilities - either it was there, or it wasn't; there was never an answer that remained on the fence.

So when I had agreed to do Lara's bidding, I had approached it as somewhat of a joke - dark magic was utter idiocy, wasn't it?

I believed that until I didn't.

But when I finally believed in what I could not explain, I might have been a little too late.

─────────────────

𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟼.
┈┈┈┈

You sat there on one of the empty waiting chairs that lined the dimly lit hospital corridor. At the end of the passageway, on your far right, Brian stood discussing with a couple of doctors and a few law enforcement officers - every word relating to the horrific scene that you had witnessed only hours earlier.

After uncovering the haunting sight, Brian had managed to call for the emergency services, along with the police - and everything seemed to have gained its own momentum from there.

Janice's body had been transported to the hospital, and it wasn't too surprising that you had wanted to accompany her - you wanted to understand what had happened; better yet, what had happened.

Given how tormented you were by everything that had built up to Janice's inexplicable end, Brian had remained by your side - refusing to leave you on your own. At that point, though, you didn't want him to leave you on your own anyway.

Not much information had been handed to you after Janice's body was transported to the coroner's office for an autopsy - but you waited at the hospital patiently, because it was only a matter of time before you received something.

Your feet and hands were trembling as you sat there - you'd been seated there for over two hours, and Brian had only just gotten up to speak with the individuals in authority, so that he could perhaps acquire some sort of information for you.

All you could think about, though, as you sat there alone, was Janice. You were devastated with regard to what had become of her, and you couldn't understand why something so terrible should have happened to her. She'd been your best friend, your rock, and in the blink of an eye, she was gone.

The only person you had left, now, was Brian.

Feeling yourself grow a bit cold all of a sudden, you pulled his jacket closer around you, for he had given you that clothing piece of his when you'd first arrived at the medical facility - he'd noticed how the air-conditioned environment of the venue had made you shiver upon entry, so his first instinct was to give you his jacket.