♡𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗲𝗺𝘆♡

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝖲𝖤𝖳 𝖨𝖭 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖸𝖤𝖠𝖱:
៚𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟬
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Oh you have got to be kidding me!"

You groaned as you stared at the tall, curly-haired man that you believed you'd never see again - the man that you'd hoped you would never have had to see again.

So many things were happening in the present moment, much too chaotic for you to have wrapped your head around.

First, there you were, standing in the foyer of a building that you weren't yet familiar with - a place that would soon become your place of work.

Second, you were fulfilling the first few moments of arrival for your first day on the job as a managerial assistant within an establishment that was still impossible to believe your entry into - the establishment that worked with the notorious rock band that called themselves Queen.

As surreal as it had sounded, to have been working anywhere near individuals of such popularity, but when you had successfully - and surprisingly - landed your position with the team, you were informed that you wouldn't be working anywhere close to the boys; a fact that both disheartened and relieved you.

It disheartened you because you'd heard a great deal about the boys in the group - only three of them in particular that you liked - and you'd loved to have met them if given the chance.

And the reason as to why it relieved you brought you to the third of your listing in regard to how much was going on - the fact that you wouldn't have had to have met Brian again.

Yes, again. The guitarist of Queen was no stranger to you, and that was never said with an ounce of fondness - ever.

Back in your college years, the two of you had studied at the same university, and though you weren't in the same subject fields, you did share the same math professor - which meant that you'd shared the same math class. Whenever you had math scheduled - which was quite often - Brian became your classmate.

The classmate that you hated, because from the very first moment he'd met you, he'd disliked you - or at least it seemed that way, because he always found ways to aggravate you or offend you.

Brian had quite the reputation for being a sweet, respectable young man - but when he was with you, he was anything but. Oh you despised how obnoxious he was - especially with the hubristic comments he made, implying that the non-physics students like yourself ought to not have shared a math stream with the physics students he studied with.

According to his snide remarks, it was 'an insult to the people that actually know how to deal with numbers as language'.

Somehow, the pair of you often ended up sitting together during your math classes - but always by unpreferable chance, never by choice. He was a pain to have sat next to, because if you'd had a dollar for every time he'd silently taunted you about not picking up as quickly as he did, you'd have been a millionaire by the present moment.

It didn't help that he was a genius - it only gave him less of a reason to be humble with you.

You'd never understood why he had given you so much grief in college, but you despised him, and when you'd finally graduated, you couldn't have been happier to have parted ways with him for good.

But of course, life always had a way of throwing a big 'f*** you' in your direction.

Because after eleven years, fate had led you right back to the person you considered somewhat of an enemy.