♡𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁 ❥𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚♡

Not too long before dawn had broken, you and Brian had gotten out of bed, for neither of you had been able to fall back asleep after the wonderful night you'd spent together. In addition, it was clear that there would be a lot to do that day, especially after what had happened to Janice - so there was no harm in starting the day a little earlier than usual.

The sombre mood was now mixed with an odd sense of tranquility, a result of the overflowing affection that now occupied the air between you and Brian.

Adjusting to the extremely new dynamic was a tad bit peculiar at first, but it was not uncomfortable - for you, at least.

As you stood there in front of his dressing mirror, securing the belt around your long blouse, you took a good look at your reflection. The effects of your recent downward spiral were all too visible on your face, but so was the glow of comfort that Brian's love had instilled in you.

It left you with a beautiful sort of sad look, one that rendered you feeling bittersweet.

Brian was out in the kitchen, having already gotten dressed to start the day - and he was preparing breakfast for the pair of you.

Since the bedroom door was slightly ajar, you could catch small glimpses of him from where you stood. You observed him as he moved about, but a soft look of confusion aligned itself along your features when you spotted him disposing of the tea that he had previously prevented you from drinking.

The sight of that brought the memory back to your mind - how he had seemed frantic about stopping you from consuming the drink.

With a re-ignited rush of curiosity, you made your way toward the door, pushing it open fully so that you could see him - and so that he could see you.

He briefly looked up at you as he poured the tea down the sink, half a smile tugging at the corners of his lips upon seeing you fold your arms.

Leaning against the door-frame, you studied him thoughtfully.

"Can I ask you something?" you raised your eyebrows.

"Anything," he chuckled.

"Why did you stop me from drinking the tea you made, earlier?" you voiced.

If Brian was put on edge by that question, he certainly didn't show it.

However, it did take him a few seconds too long to give you an inconspicuous reply.

"Does there need to be a specific reason?" he let out a hollow laugh. "Can't I have simply been far too taken with you?"

A bemused giggle escaped you, but before you could do or say anything, you were startled by a deafening crash from behind you - the unmistakable sound of glass shattering violently.

You spun around with a gasp, only to see that the bedroom window had been smashed open.

On the floor, amidst the shards of glass, was a solid brick, with what appeared to be a paper wrapped around it.

With unimaginable quickness, Brian had rushed over to you, subconsciously pushing you behind him as an automatic reflex to protect you.

Oh how his internal gravitation had changed.

"Oh my-" you cut yourself off, incapable of completing your sentence as a result of the heavy shock and confusion.

Brian instantly set eyes on the same scene you saw, except as he scanned the details, he knew what was going on. At the pinnacle of his realization, his blood ran cold, but his pressure boiled over at the same time.