♡𝗔 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁♡

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝖲𝖤𝖳 𝖨𝖭 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖸𝖤𝖠𝖱:
៚𝟭𝟵𝟳𝟵
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✿𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄✿

𝐃𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭,
𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

The high-end bar was alive with music and dance, the strobe lights casting an array of flourescent hues upon the countless sophisticated individuals that occupied the large space.

Everyone was dressed to the nines, and there wasn't a single soul that didn't have the brightest smile on their face - except for you.

You sat there at your table, located nearer toward the corner of the room - your sad eyes observing the lively crowd that you felt completely isolated from.

In front of you, there was a half-empty glass of whiskey that belonged to you, and next to it rested the black purse of yours that matched your elegant black evening dress.

Tears had formed in your eyes as you hopelessly scanned the cheerful faces around you, your heart heavy with a sense of dissociation.

Nearly every face was that of a 'celebrity', creating the sort of extravagant scene that perhaps most people would have been eager to be in the middle of, yet your demeanour was anything but.

Upon studying your stance, it would have been incredibly easy to have assumed that you were there alone - even though that was not the case.

No - in fact, you were in attendance with your husband of three years, who also happened to be quite the well-known personality himself. Obviously, it was pretty understandable that your presence at the party would have needed to be based on some sort of connection with the world of 'fame' and notoriety - and that connection was your marriage to Brian May, the young man that served as the lead guitarist for the infamous rock band called Queen.

You might have been married to Brian for three years, but you'd known him for a good eight - the pair of you having first met around the time that the band had been formed itself.

Given that you'd been there since the early days, you'd also forged unbreakable friendships with the other three members of the band - Freddie, Roger, and John.

The boys were the family you'd never known you'd needed until you'd met them, and from the moment you'd first been introduced to them, life was never the same - but that was exactly how you liked it.

Time spent with them was always time that you wouldn't have wanted to pass doing anything else, and even as the boys had begun to amass more and more fame, you all stayed closely bonded with each other.

For a band that had skyrocketed to fame as quickly as Queen did, it was quite commendable to see how grounded their bond with you had remained - for that sort of dedication was normally quite rare. The boys had always cherished you more than anything else, more than everything else - no amount of fame or fortune could have changed how much you meant to them.

And of course, the dynamic worked vice versa - no matter how much notoriety they garnered for themselves, they were always going to be your boys, the family that you adored more than life itself.