𝟥

—

I woke, the moonlight seeping through the clear cracks of the window beside my bed frame. I sighed when unable to feel the heavy weight of my eyelids. It was going to take me a while to fall back asleep.

As usual, I slowly stood from my bed. A small yawn crawled across my lips as I quietly walked across my room. Hitting my desk with my elbow, an item fell and landed onto the wooden slabs underneath my feet with a thud. I winced at the sudden sound, hoping nobody woke up from it.

I carefully pushed my bathroom door open, not caring to turn the light on as I knew it would only sting my eyes. I could see through the dark air, anyway.

Finishing my business, I walked over to the counter. It felt smooth and marble-like, yet didn't seem like the modern type. When I opened the bathroom door again, I covered my mouth to stifle a shriek.

Two of the guards stood right at my front, tall, broad, and silhouetted. I couldn't see them that well by the way the shadows worked on their figures.

"Oh, my God," I breathed, placing a hand onto the centre of my chest. "Did— did Elliot send you?"

"No," a voice answered. It sounded like Elijah, it probably was. Once again. "We heard a noise from our rooms, and deemed it were important to come make sure you hadn't done anything to harm yourself."

Their rooms. I forgot they had their own.

"No, I... I'm okay," I replied. Just shook to my core and nearly scared to death. I finally looked up, squinting to catch the sculpture of his face, able to see the jawline that was further sharpened by shadows. "You can't just walk into my room."

"No?" It sounded like a small chuckle was supposed to follow after that, making it deem like the word was laced in a teasing tone.

Suddenly, the light flickered on, and I shut my eyes at the abruptness of it.

I was starting to get annoyed now.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, my vision squinted and one eye closed. Though, I was still able to make out Elijah face, along with Matteo's behind him.

"It was dark." Elijah said.

"What made the noise?" Matteo muttered. His voice was similar to Elijah's. Although a tad deeper, still enough to scare. I pointed to the hairbrush on the floor, and he hummed.

It all hit me at once, and my eyes widened beyond the stinging of the bright light. The both of them were in causal clothes. So causal that their sweatpants hung low on their hips, and their black t-shirts were hugging their biceps— holy, biceps. My eyes widened even more.

I was, too, in causal clothes. But my shorts and tank top seemed normal to me, as I'd never seen a man— even Elliot— in merely loose sweatpants with a thin shirt to match.