𝟣𝟧

—

The door shut with a click and I turned my head to Alessandro. I watched as he turned around and walked into the bathroom connected to my bedroom. I sat up and blew out the candle on my nightstand.

Moments later, I heard the heavy sound of water running. Sitting up, I carefully walked over to the door of my bathroom and peeked around the corner. My eyes meeting the sight of Alessandro set up the bath.

"What's that for?" I asked.

"You," he shortly replied, whilst reaching into my cupboards underneath the sink in search for a towel.

He sent me a small head nod, directed to the bath. Understanding the silent message, I walked over and removed my top. I didn't look behind me to see if he was watching when I stepped in. The water was warm and comforting on my body as I let myself sink until the water level touched my chin.

Alessandro placed the towel on the stool next to the bath.

"Are there any nicknames you want me to call you?" I asked out of random. He called me sweetheart, and Matteo and Elijah had their own nickname for me, too. I was curious if he wanted me to call him anything.

Locking eyes with me, he looked like he had an idea, but didn't speak on it.

"Not yet." Was his reply. Not yet? Why not now?

I shrugged and closed my eyes, basking in the warmth. I haven't taken a bath in a long time, mostly because I preferred showers, but I forgot how nice baths were.

"Have a good night, Marella." Alessandro silenced my thoughts with his words.

I opened my eyes to look at him, "You're leaving?"

"Do you need me for something?" He asked. His question sounded genuine. I could tell if I did need him for something, he would do it.

I thought about it for a moment, "I guess not, but I'll be alone."

He looked away in thought. Scratching the back of his neck, he walked over and removed the towels from the stool to sit on it himself. I sent a small appreciative smile but it didn't seem like he caught it when he looked away.

If I hadn't have spent time with Alessandro before, I would have wanted him to leave. He's scary when you haven't spoken to him before.

And his deep voice may cause him to appear even scarier.

Silent minutes passed, and I noticed how whenever he glanced at me, it was at my face. His eyes never met my body, even if I was completely naked under clear water.

"I'll get your clothes ready," he said, before heading to my room.

I ended up thinking about Elliot again. We were to be married in a few months, what would we do when that happened? I would have to end what we have. Whatever it is. Thinking about it made me feel a bit down as I've been liking what we're doing. Elliot and I never do these kinds of things, and although he's tried, I never truly let him. I always gave him the excuse that I wanted to marry first.

I cautiously stood from the bath and wrapped the towel around my body just as Alessandro came back. "I put a glass of water on your nightstand, as well as your clothes on your bed."

"Thank you," I smiled. He nodded. We made eye contact for a few moments, giving me the time to truly look at him. His hair was slightly messy, giving his curls a frizzy look. His jawline was prominent and strong. His shoulders broad, matching the large biceps just underneath.

I came out of my trance once he spoke. "Goodnight, sweetheart." He sent me a quick sly smile before heading for the door.

It was the next morning, and I was stood by the entrance of the Castle, watching the light snow fall on the barely covered ground. Cool wind brushed across my face as I felt a warm hand touch my lower back.

I looked over my shoulder, a slight feeling of disappointment when I see that it's Elliot rather than one of the guards. Though, my mood lifted when I saw Elijah behind him.

He sent a small wink, making a smile involuntarily crawl across my lips. Elliot smiled down at me thinking it was for him.

"How are you this morning, my love?" He asked, kissing my temple.

"I'm good," I replied simply. I was great after last night.

"Good. We'll be looking for which horses to pick for the carriage, today," he said. Didn't we already pick one? He saw the confusion from in my expression. "The other ones weren't good enough. We need healthy, trained horses for our wedding. We can't risk any troubles."

"Oh," I spoke, I felt his hand move up, pushing the hair off my shoulder to bare the side of my neck. "Alright."

He beckoned me to follow him. As I did, all three guards grouped behind us, walking in our trail. The stables were apart of the Castle. Acres on acres of land surrounded the Kingdom, giving us much room for extra things like a horse stable.

There was a white horse I had met when I got to the Castle some time ago. She was so loving and sweet to me. It had been a few years now, and I felt joyous to see her still here.

I smiled and pointed toward her, "Can she be apart of the wedding?" I thought it would be special considering she was the first one I had seen when I arrived.

"No," he denied, his hand gripped my forearm, pulling me away from her. I was no longer interested in looking for which horse to choose, so I let Elliot pick.

Of course, it were the two healthiest and trained. Personally, I didn't think it mattered, as they were all pretty much the same in those categories. These two were just younger.

The guards were a few feet away as Elliot tugged me closer to him. He leaned down, and I could feel his breath on my ear as he spoke, "Quit looking so miserable, are you not excited for our wedding?" His voice was stern.

"I am, I just—" I went to speak, but got cut off.

"Stop," he silenced my words. He sounded too irritated, like there was something else that was bothering him other than how I was acting just now. Even if I hadn't really done anything. "At least pretend to look happy that we're getting married. Stop being so childish."

By that point, I had shut my mouth. I didn't have the courage nor energy to speak again, as I know it would result in pushing him too far.

Silently, I followed him back inside.