𝟣𝟤

—

I was surprised when Elliot said I could go into town, but I was more than excited.

I ended up leaving with a new pink hat, a beaded bracelet, necklace, and a painting of mountains this older man was selling. He was so kind and seemed so grateful that it made me realize how badly the people in the village needed the money. There are barely any jobs you can get there, which made selling handcrafted items their only form of payment.

I came up with an idea once we got home yesterday, so this morning I plan on mentioning it to Elliot.

I was eating breakfast when Elijah walked into the dining room, accompanying Alessandro by the door.

"Elliot," I started, my voice was quiet, but from the way that sound travels in this room, I assumed Elijah and Alessandro could hear me. He turned his head to me in response, waiting for me to continue. "I came up with an idea last night."

"What is it, Marella?" He replied, before taking a sip of his water.

"When we went down to the village yesterday, there were a lot of people selling handcrafted things, which made me realize that that's their main source of income," I began. I was slightly nervous for his response to my idea. "I was thinking that we could maybe donate some money to their small businesses? It's just that... we have so much, and they have so little. Why not help them when we have the opportunity to?"

He was silent for a few moments, which only made my nerves worse. "No," he said. I felt a pang of disappointment hit my chest. "Why would we waste all that money on them when we can use it for ourselves?"

"It wouldn't be a waste, we would be helping them." I defended.

"No, Marella." He sternly replied.

I looked down at my plate. Beginning to feel slightly frustrated. "That's not fair." I said.

He looked at me, his piercing gaze made me feel small. "What?"

"I said it's not fair," I was beginning to feel too bold now. I wanted him to listen to me, but I knew he was going to get mad soon.

"Are you talking back to me?" He asked. His voice sounded calm, but it was too calm. That's what he does before he starts to get really angry.

"No," I replied in defeat. "I'm sorry."

He turned back to his plate. "Foolish idea."

I felt sad. I only wanted to help.

I was sat in Elliot's office, the man himself on the other side of the desk. He slid a few sheets of paper to me. "These are the papers for arrangements at our wedding. There has already been a dress chosen for you, I picked it."

He picked my dress? I thought I was going to get to choose.

He could see the disappointment evident in my expression. "Don't be like that, Marella. You want to please me, anyway, correct?" I nodded after a few silent moments. "Exactly. That's why I chose it."

"Now, you get the more fun part, my love," he spoke, his voice sounding more gentle. My intrigued eyes locked with his. "You will choose the flowers."

I looked through the images of bouquets, finding the most colourful and appealing ones. I ended up finding a flower called Dahlia. I had never heard of it before, but it was pink and looked fluffy. I loved it.

I circled the name on the sheet of paper and signed the bottom of it. He seemed pleased by my choice, which made me smile.

"When is our wedding exactly?" I asked, curious about the date.

"Three months from today." He replied. I sat back more comfortably in his chair as he put a few papers into his desk drawers. "I can't wait to see how beautiful you'll look."

My eyebrows raised in slight surprise. He hasn't complimented me in a while. I smiled, "Thank you."

"Off to your room now, Marella. Dinner will be soon." He spoke.

I stood up at his words and opened the door, Elijah and Matteo stood on either sides of the doorframe. They followed me involuntarily, already knowing where I'm headed.

Walking up the stairs, I looked over my shoulder to see a teasing smirk on Matteo's face. His eyes were on my... behind. Instinctively, I covered myself with my hands.

Once he locked eyes with me, it looked like he was trying not to laugh. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment as I turned back around and reached the top of the steps.

When I turned to face them once reaching my door, I locked eyes with Elijah first as he stood himself next to my doorframe, Matteo doing the same. His eyes scanned my face, which made me shut the door out of nerves.

I have a wedding in three months, yet these men are keeping me on a hook. I'm too intrigued to end whatever we have just yet.

 I'm too intrigued to end whatever we have just yet