𝟣𝟫

—

My parents?

Questions flew around my mind so quickly that they were hard to catch and let out. Has Elliot had contact with them? For how long? Did something happen to them?

"My love," Elliot started, stalking his way toward me. "I have arranged for you to be picked up at dawn. I have a place to take you."

His slight smile caught onto the idea that he was taking me to see my parents. I didn't know what to say, or feel.

"Actually," Elliot slowly spoke. His eyes drifted across the three men stood across from us, completely doused in silence. "Let's go tonight. Go, get changed."

I locked eyes with Elijah before hurriedly making my way upstairs. I felt so many emotions fly across my body. Worry, relief, excitement, sadness, anger. All of these years I had felt lost in this castle and abandoned from my family felt surreal. Was I really going to see them again?

As I exited the tall doors of the castle with Elliot's hand on my arm, I turned to look over my shoulder and my eyes first met Alessandro. He seemed... down. He usually doesn't show much emotion at all, but something was sad. I sent him a smile, assuring him that I was excited.

Rocco opened the black car door, appearing even darker with the moon risen and the sun set. I was surprised to see him. Though as I went to speak, I felt a slight push as I sat myself in the seat, just before Elliot shut the door and began speaking to Rocco.

I tried to read the expression on his face. Did Rocco know I was meeting my parents? My thoughts drifted into wonder, and before I knew it, Elliot was joining me on the back bench of the car.

"I know you're more curious than ever," Elliot started. "But don't worry, you'll find out everything once we get there, okay?"

He held my hand and brought it towards him. In a second, the car began to drive off as I felt a small pinch in my arm.

"Sleep well, my love."

Cold. Uncomfortable. Hurt.

My eyelids flutter open, I can feel the tension in my body and the anxiety speeding up my heart rate. I pull my arm toward me to touch my throat, but it retracts. I try again, but it's stuck.

Lifting my head, I see the chains holding my arms up. I'm on my knees, my head resting on my other arm.

I realized that the topic of my parents was merely a distraction. The excitement, curiosity and wonder I had felt vanished. They still don't care to check on me.

I hear a click before the loud screeching of the door sliding against itself. Elliot and two guards walked into the room. They looked nothing like the ones I began to fall for. They were scrawny, looked nervous and had their eyes on the ground.