𝟤𝟦

—

I jump at the sound of a gunshot.

Elijah moves his hand to wrap my waist, "Look at me, Marella," he said. I lifted my head and moved closer to his chest. "You will not get hurt when you're with us. We're going to leave any minute now, okay?"

Matteo stood up and walked over, getting himself situated with his guns and suit.

"Unless the King has noticed us gone, we're going to walk you out as protection. Which is usually what they would not do. Instead, they'd rather you in the basement where he held you when you got here. Thats what they're used for." Elijah explained.

"But we're taking you out of here, instead." He added.

"What if they try and stop us when we leave?" I asked. Anybody can notice us being suspicious, what if they do bad things because we're leaving?

"They will," Matteo said. That worried me. "But they won't succeed in anything they try to do."

"Elliot?" I added. What would he do if he saw us?

"Oh he'll see us," Matteo smirked. "He can't do anything to you, love."

I nodded, trusting them.

More gunshots went off as Alessandro finished getting ready. Elijah grabbed my hand before leading us out.

Once we reached the bottom of the steps, they quickly circled me, facing outward. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as they seemed distressed very quickly. Are they acting?

The gunshots got louder as we moved closer to the bottom floor. I couldn't really see anything past the three of them, they were all much taller than me.

I heard inaudible words before Elijah spoke, "The princess." I couldn't see who he was talking to, but I assumed to someone who was concerned of my safety. Does this mean they're going to make us go downstairs?

Surprisingly, they allowed us to carry on. The noise was reduced as nobody was shooting for a few moments, so we carried on.

I tried staying within their protection, though it was hard to keep up with their movements.

"Cover your ears, sweetheart. Don't look up." Alessandro told me. I did as he said, following them by their feet.

I heard numerous muffled shots go off in that second, keeping my eyes on the ground. This only lasted a few moments before I was suddenly pulled to the side. Alessandro had his hand around my bicep, hiding me behind a wall.