𝟫

—

"Is this going to take all day?" I asked out of worry for the maids, watching as they cleaned the large Ball room.

"It's going to take as long as it does to get it ready for dinner, Marella," Elliot replied. His hand flattened on my back, gesturing me away from the room. "I have something for you."

"You do?" I asked. My neck craned up, locking eyes with his as the bottom of my dress brushed against my knees. Even in the colder weather, I was still inclined to wear a dress during the day. "What is it?"

He didn't respond, yet instead took me to the large doors and outside of the castle. I smiled out of my own control when my lungs caught the fresh air, still cold and crisp, but nice.

"Our wedding isn't for a few months, but I felt like showing you this." Elliot spoke. I shifted my eyes to him at the mention of our wedding, and soon followed his line of vision.

A horse carriage sat beautifully on the path ahead of us. It was larger, big enough for two horses to carry rather than one, and something you could expect Elliot to purchase. It was a beige colour, with a hint of white in certain areas. When my eyes scanned the entire thing, I gasped when seeing the two horses at the front.

"Elliot, it's beautiful," I said. When my head turned up at him, he smiled down at me. "Can I go see them? The horses?"

He merely nodded, and I was let go of his hold when stepping up to the large animals. Getting brushed by a gust of wind, I shivered at the cold breeze. Then, a warm material was placed across my shoulders and down my back. Elliot's jacket. I smiled at him before turning to the horse closest to my reach.

Taking a few cautious steps forward, I reached my hand up to his nose. The horse's head turned, gently placing it's face to my hand. "Is it a girl or boy?" I asked Elliot.

"Boy," he replied from a few steps behind me.

My smile grew as the horse allowed me to pet it, "Is he friendly?" I asked, before letting my idea take place.

"He is."

"Will he be okay if I kiss him right here?" I asked, pointing to the side of its head. The horse let out a loud sigh, with a small snort to follow behind. I laughed silently at it, whilst moving one hand to stroke just above his shoulder, the other still on his nose.

"I think he will be just fine," Elliot replied, a tad of amusement laced within his words.

I let the horse angle his head down before placing a quick, gentle kiss to the side of his head. I pulled away with a smile, although the horse looked slightly unfazed.

"We will be using this to go to and from our wedding," Elliot explained. "The location just hasn't been confirmed, yet."

Giving the horse a small hug, I turned around to face Elliot again.