Chapter IV: The Devil Returns

When Felix woke up, it was six A.M., but he did not bother to go back to sleep. He decided to ask the elves where the armory was.

When Charlotte woke up, it was six forty-five a.m. and she noticed that Felix was gone, so she went outside and started taking a self-tour around the city. She knew it was quite dangerous though. 

Dess woke up to no one being home. He sighed and decided to eat and just wait in the room. Then, he fell back asleep.

Later, around nine in the morning, Dess heard a huge roar coming from the southwest. It seemed as though no one else could hear it. Dess heard a loud scream. As the dragon rained fire on the elven city, the dragon spit a fireball right at Dess. He couldn't move nor blink. It was coming closer, closer, closer, and then he woke up, sweating. He then realized it wasn't nine a.m., but rather seven a.m.

He sighed gratefully. What a strange dream, he thought. After he put on some extra clothes that appeared on the dresser and went outside, Dess wondered where his friends were. As he walked outside, he saw the image of Euphoria city. Dess breathed in the fresh air. The city was already bustling.

Anthony arised to trouble, because Cade was yelling at him to get up. As Anthony went to do his duties in the city, Cade went to check the gates. There he saw Dess, who asked, "Do you know where Felix and Charlotte are?"

"I saw Felix at the armory but I have not seen Charlotte," Cade responded thoughtfully. Cade gave Dess the directions to the armory.

The armory was giant but had an old-timey feel to it. Weapons upon weapons were scattered around the rooms. Dess checked the main armory room, where Felix was supposed to be. Felix noticed Dess and asked, "How did you sleep, Dess?"

"Fine," Dess responded.

Felix asked, "Where's Charlotte? She must be somewhere trying her powers again."

"I don't know where she is yet," said Dess. "Let's look together then." Felix suggested.

As they went to search for Charlotte, a figure in the trees dashed away to its master. The children didn't know that the figure was there. The figure knew where to go. As they were in the trees speeding away, they knew their master was going to be very pleased with them.

After hours of searching, the friends came to no avail. "Maybe if we go back and practice our elements, we can use a certain power, like an elemental radar, to find Charlotte!" a voice said behind them.

"AHHHHHH!" Felix and Dess yelled.

It was Cade, who the group learned had been following them without them knowing because he wanted to know what happened.

"Oh god. Good thing it was just you," Dess said, wanting to find Charlotte. Dess felt a sting of pain in his head and another pain in his chest. As they got to the borders of the elven city, they saw Charlotte running towards them.

"GUYS!!" she yelled. "THE DEVIL IS BACK!!" Dess's head started to hurt.