Chapter XXXII: Broken Horns

It took a very long time to get to the storage room, maybe one hour at least. But it was to destroy the monster that had made their life a dumpster fire.

So, it was kinda worth it.

The storage room had tons of boxes, probably three hundred. It was a damp, crusty smell that made Dess feel like he was going to sneeze out his spleen. He coughed and Anthony sneezed.

"Geez, it smells like crap in here," Dess commented.

"Ditto," Charlotte agreed, crinkling her nose.

"Follow me," Anthony said, who had pulled out his digital, holographic map that he bought with the Import Cube awhile ago.

They walked down a long row of corridors, one after another after another for what seemed like ages. Then they got to a large circular room with a crimson red throne against the wall.

"I feel like someone's here," said a squeaky voice. "I heard footsteps."

"Yes, indeed," a much deeper and dark voice responded. "I better make quick work of them."

Woosh! They heard a large something land behind them. Felix immediately pulled out his scythe, which from close range looked like it had a skull on the hilt of it. When Dess turned around, there was a huge, dark figure at least seven feet tall.

The figure pulled out a huge, curved sword. It looked like...it was made of pure evil. The group got into kind of stupid-looking battle poses, ready for action, but not really wanting it.

"I wonder if those kids are coming to try and destroy me," the giant humanoid creature, probably the Devil, said under his breath. "Probably too chicken."

Dess looked at Felix, giving him a look that said, Should we say something?

It was silent for a minute.

"I know you're here, Dess," the giant human-thing said. Then he got a better look at the monster.

It had maroon skin, with horns like a bull. It had a giant, curved greatsword in its sheath. Its cloak was covered in what looked like the souls of the damned.

Dess almost jumped back in fright. He was not expecting that. They took in a shaky breath and glanced at their team. They were ready.

The Devil's Bane pulled out his fire-imbued sword, spinning in a circle. The action sent fire flying everywhere. The figure easily dodged the flames.

"Really Dess?" the Devil said. You're really gonna try to defeat me, the Devil?"

Dess smirked and said, "I will defeat you. I will make you suffer."

The Devil rolled its eyes. "Sure, whatever," it said.

Just then, Felix stepped forward. "I'm sorry for this, my friends," he whispered sadly. He summoned two giant swords, pulled out his scythe and started spinning. He levitated into the air and threw the swords at the Devil's horns.

They sliced through the horns, easily. It cut them off.The Devil didn't even let out a scream but you could see him flinch.

"What was that?!" he raged. "Some pathetic power move? Huh?" The Devil laughed. Dess looked at Charlotte and Charlotte looked at him. Felix's expression got dark and angry.

Then, the Devil, extremely angry, pulled out his sword and sliced at Felix with it. However, Felix parried, barely blocking the attack by a whisker.

The Devil brought his sword up for another attack.

Felix brought his scythe up to block, but the Devil feinted and sliced Felix's right ribs.

The boy of steel flew to the edge of the room, hitting the wall.