Chapter IX: The Tower

When everyone woke, Felix was cooking them all some breakfast. They noticed it was a rather large one. They also noticed that Felix had a fur cloak, which he didn't have before.

"Hello," Felix said simply.

"Where did you get that cloak from?"Anthony quickly asked.

"From the giant wolves that attacked me last night." Felix responded.

"What giant wolves? I didn't sense anything," Charlotte said, confused.

"They had massive pads on their feet, making them almost silent. The only way I could feel them was that there were some animals following them." Felix said. "Another reason why I knew of this was because the steel can sense almost all vibrations in the ground." Felix informed everyone.

"Are you the only one that listened in science class when we were doing an animal unit?" Dess joked. Everyone had a good laugh at that.

After they got packed up and hit the road, they came across a giant structure with a gigantic entrance. Without even thinking, they went in. As soon as the last person got in, a stone door closed behind them. A loud clunk. They all realized they were trapped, Felix started to go in one direction whilst telling everyone "Hurry up!"

When everyone reluctantly followed him, nobody really knew where they were going anyways. All they knew was that Felix was leading them to a place that kept going uphill. It was getting steeper. Felix showed them that you could climb the wall very easily. When they all went up the wall, they saw at the very center, a big, castle-like structure before them. All stone and brick. A stereotypical castle-like building.

They all started going towards the center, jumping over the gaps that they couldn't walk across. Cade noticed several wolf-spider crossbreeds but didn't tell anyone for some odd reason. Everyone walked in silence, studying the castle, everyone all saw the horrid hybrids. Felix did not take any notice of these animals, however, which everyone found strange. When Felix started forward, Dess pulled him back and whispered, "Stay back! They might be aggressive. Are you an idiot?" Dess noticed that it seemed like the hybrids were holding some sort of funeral. When all of the creatures left, Dess told everyone that it was clear.

When they walked off, they didn't see the dark figure behind them (the same scout as before). They all started climbing down.

"It's gonna be too dangerous to open that. Follow me!" Dess exclaimed.

He led everyone up to a nearby window. When they got up, they heard a voice say, "No, Sapto would be too protected for us to go there. We would have to storm Dosses first."

Another voice replied with, "Anthony must leave and protect--" But the voice stopped mid-sentence.

Anthony felt a chill go down his spine as he was trying to find where the voice was coming from.

Then the voice said coldly, "Someone's there."

The voice threw a sharp dagger at the window Dess, Cade, Charlotte, Felix, and Anthony were hiding in. Fortunately, everyone ducked down just in time for the dagger to streak above them. Anthony was frightened by what they were saying. He knew that when they figured out it was him they were talking about, they would surely turn their backs. As Anthony thought about this, Dess started up the building which was even higher. He signaled to everyone to come up to him. As they climbed, Dess had a strange feeling within them, as if something was here, not the Devil, but something else.

As Dess thought about this, Anthony was climbing up as quickly as he could, trying to get out of his ex-co-worker's room. Anthony was ready for the worst. His co-workers would come out any minute now. They then heard walking coming from inside the room, they could hear the footsteps closer, and closer. Soon, they could see a man. Anthony recognized the man as a scout, realizing that the scout was probably following them. Anthony got his dagger ready, and...