Chapter XIV: Card

They all counterattacked. Dess made a whirlwind of fire, burning two of them. Cade slashed with his scimitars and electrocuted the figures.

After that, Charlotte experimented with her two totems and killed two. Anthony made a tsunami and splashed two of them. At this point, there were only two left, in which they were knocked in the head and killed instantly by Gerald's war boomerangs. As they pulled off the leaders' masks, they saw that they had just been attacked by the kingdom's ruler and his guards.

When they were taking this in, a bear came striding through the bodies.

"I can't believe it!" Cade gasped after the bear opened its mouth and made a series of strange growling sounds. "I thought I couldn't understand animals anymore! Also, it said that Felix's last wish was to have his ax that had a will of its own to protect his friends, so the ax transformed into this bear."

During the time Cade was translating this, he could see ten royal guards coming and astonished, to see their majesties dead. The royal guards dragged the bodies back to their base, the group of elves and humans (and one tiny Fluffy) realized that they must have been invisible to the guards. They all looked at the bear, and everyone understood it now.

"You have been given a wish of great honor, a wish that will protect you throughout your journey," the bear said in Felix's voice.

"AYO HOLD UP!" Charlotte asked, confused. "How can I hear Felix's voice through the bear?! And how is there an invisible shield?"

"It's magic, Char. What did you expect?" Dess shrugged. Charlotte blushed in embarrassment.

Cade rolled his eyes.

"Plus, I am pretty powerful. The name's Card," The bear added.

After that encounter, they all slept peacefully, and woke up the next morning to Card's metallic features in the sunlight burning their eyes. "Time to go, come on, up and attem!" said Card.