Chapter VIII: Ambush

As they were searching for Charlotte on the giant plateau, she appeared out of nowhere before them.

"Hi!" Charlotte waved before any of them could react.

"Where were you, Charlotte?" Felix asked quickly. His features turned in a worried expression.

Charlotte hesitated. "I was going for a nice walk. Nothing too terrible," she said nervously.

Seriously? That's the worst excuse ever, Dess thought.

Anthony was waiting for the long and relaxing break to be over so he could finally practice more water skills to defeat the Devil. The more Anthony practiced the better he would kill. Anthony finally told the others he was gonna train and decided to start training by himself. As he found an oasis on the plateau to train, he was startled by something in front of him. It was a dried-out looking forest oasis. The thing in front of him was pixelated-ly blurry, like the things he had seen when his mom looked at those weird games elves would play.

The pixelated thing was steadily coming closer. Anthony tensed. He then heard a noise and Gerald jumped out and yelled, "Boo!!"

"AAAAA!!!" Anthony shouted, stepping back.

After Gerald introduced himself and how he met Charlotte, he and Anthony went back to the camp. When they got there, Dess saw Gerald and Anthony standing there. Anthony quickly explained all that he knew about everything that had happened. The group then packed their bags and started southeast again. When they got to the edge of the Plateau, Charlotte summoned a stone elevator to which they slowly descended on.

When they got to the bottom, everyone agreed to set up camp for the night. After they packed up their sleeping bags, Felix reportedly tried telling everyone that he could feel something coming. Not just one thing, but multiple of it. But nobody listened, excusing themselves from the conversation saying "I'm too exhausted." After they went to bed one by one, Felix took first watch just like every other night.

"Felix? Me and the other parents are gonna leave now and head back to the town. This is too much. I wish you all luck. Tell the kids we said goodbye," Dess's mom said.

As the other parents woke up (they'd been sleeping all day), they headed off to the...village? Euphoria City? No one knows.

"Bye, Mom and Dad..." Felix whispered.

As he was on watchguard, he could sense the creatures coming closer. They got close enough to the point where Felix knew that they were wolves, horribly large wolves. As big as cars you could say. Felix sheathed his sword, getting ready to try his new technique on the dozen wolves. He quickly ran fifteen feet away from camp. The wolves all quickly closed in on him and they were only mere feet away from him. As they were about to attack, he made a steel barrier surrounding himself, and the barrier quickly went from barrier to sword. All the swords found their mark.