Chapter XVII: Confusion

Cade woke up in some sort of cell. He realized he had been captured, probably by someone knowing something about the prophecy. Heck, he didn't even know about the weird prophecy that lady was whispering of! As he tried to figure out some place of escape, he realized that his vision was blurred.

Later, Gerald woke up and saw the blurred figure of Cade behind him. As they listened to what was going on, they heard a shout, in some weird language saying, "Eht gnidaeheb lautir sah nugeb!"

"They talk in a backwards language, and they are going to behead us in ten minutes," Gerald explained to Cade.

Exactly nine minutes and thirty-seven seconds later, when they were dragged outside, they saw hundreds of...monkeys?

As they processed this, a monkey carrying an ax walked over to Gerald. Before the ax was even lifted, however, Gerald struck the monkey with lightning fingers, and the monkey fell to the ground. Before any of the other monkeys could do anything, the ax fell on Gerald's head and created an electrical current, knocking down thousands of monkeys. Then Cade blacked out from the pain.

Cade woke up, again, He could see Gerald, but he had a long robe on. His head was not visible with his hood on.

"GERALD YOU GOOD DUDE?!" Cade asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay, just don't lift up the hood," Gerald responded. "There are really bad scars there and I do not want anybody to see them—it's embarrassing. So I'll let them heal."

"But they're scars, idiot, they can't heal."

Gerald ignored him.

****

Cade and Gerald searched around and they eventually found Dess and Charlotte. When Gerald and Cade told them the story, they were both very confused. I mean, monkeys? But they seemed confused about something else...Something different.