Chapter XII: A Loyal Friend Lost

Anthony realized that these must be the ogre-type things of this realm. He also wondered where his friends were. Without hesitation, he put on the gauntlets and punched the beast. The beast grunted, and hit the wall thirty feet away with much force before falling down the endless crevice behind them. Gerald appeared behind him, startling Anthony. Gerald immediately told Anthony that he saw Felix falling down a ravine somewhere after taking a fatal blow to the head by an ogre sword, and that he probably didn't get out alive. Anthony was shocked, Felix was dead? Gerald led him over to the ravine and the two elves saw the last remnants of him on the ground: his wolf cloak. Anthony picked it up and put it on. Anthony and Gerald began looking for their friends, dreading the worst.

*****

Anthony and Gerald had been looking for them for a while, when they saw a fire raging about fifty feet in front of them. They both ran for the fire, hoping Dess was there. Sure enough, Dess was there, standing in the middle of the fire, over a dead ogre-thing.

Anthony called out, "Dess! Come over here!" Dess looked at them, fire in his eyes, but then the fire was out, for Dess was so happy to see his friends again.

"Dess, Felix fell down a ravine, we think he's...uh, gone," Anthony explained. The fire returned to his eyes.

But before he could do anything, Anthony said, "We need to find Cade and Charlotte first,"

Dess sighed, and the fire went out. "Alright."

They did not find their friends but they decided to set up a small camp.

After they camped for the night, in the morning, Dess noticed that Anthony had Felix's cloak on.

"Why do you have Felix's cloak? I thought he fell into the pit of doom." Dess asked.

"He lost his cloak before he fell. This is the only remnant of him that I could find."

They sat in silence for a while, thinking of Felix, thinking about the one that had done so much for them. Anthony was so angry and sad that he stomped so hard that, all of a sudden, iron came from the ground. Anthony realized he just triggered his ability in this realm, for he let the iron flow, and weave, and the iron flowed and weaved.

"Woah!" Dess exclaimed.

"That's cool," Gerald said.

Anthony nodded, agreeing.

They all were astonished, for it meant that everyone had a different power in this realm. Gerald immediately became hopeful he could have a new power in this realm too. After they packed everything up, they began searching for Charlotte and Cade.

That day went uneventfully, with no clues or hints. The next few days went the same until, on the 4th day, they heard a boom in the distance.

"C'mon guys!" Dess shouted as he ran over to the noise. Anthony and Gerald followed after them. There was a giant crater, with Charlotte standing in the middle of it.

"You there?" Dess shouted.

"YEAH, I'M HERE!!" Charlotte yelled back.

"You coming or what?!" Dess yelled back.

"YES!!" Charlotte shouted.

Charlotte climbed back up, the anger slowly faded out of her and she calmed down.

After Anthony told her what happened to Felix and how the cloak is the only thing left of him. "So uh, my power is darkness in this realm. Pretty cool stuff." Charlotte said, glancing at Dess to see their reaction to that. Dess's reaction was surprised but content nonetheless. After that encounter, they basically began yelling through the caves to try and find Cade. Eventually, after twenty days of searching, they found Cade, sitting in his own little camp, where he was trying to find them. Then Cade saw them and waved. Everyone noticed that there was a small fuzzy creature with beady green eyes in Cade's lap.

"This is a woomple!" Cade exclaimed happily. "Turns out my power in this realm is speaking to animals. I named him Fuzzy! AWW WOOK AT DA WIDDLE POODOOWOODOO!!"

The group looked at each other and shrugged. They had never seen this side of Cade before.

Cade noticed Felix was gone and asked, "Where's Felix?"

This time, Gerald told him the bad news. Cade was upset but understood it and didn't show much sadness.

"Come on guys, let's head back up," Dess said, climbing up. Everyone followed after them. After another day of trying to find their way, they saw light for the first time in two weeks. As they ascended without a member of the group, they sought to get out of this dimension as quickly as possible.