Chapter XXXIII: The Journal

They got a proper team of people to get Felix's body out of the lair. Dess and the rest of the team planned out a funeral for Felix in Euphoria City. They told everyone what they did and a grand feast was supposed to be held. But, the team was not in the mood.

The funeral was hosted a week later. The feast was not.

The entire city came to the funeral. Dess and everyone else, plus all the parents, sat in the front row, crying their eyes out. The rest of the city was devastated that Felix was gone.

Charlotte and Dess realized they would have to tell the others about their relationship.

So...uh, that was an awkward conversation they had to have with their friends and parents. They were all so supportive. The parents even said they saw it coming in. Eventually everyone got used to living in Euphoria City. It was great. Maybe even paradise. But good things don't last forever.

Dess remembered he had to read Felix's journal.

He went to his new house after chatting with Cade and Anthony at the local park. Slowly, he went to his room and found the chest where he had been keeping the book.

He opened the journal that Felix had given to him with his last words.

At the start of the book, there were just daily things, like what Felix, Dess, and Charlotte had been doing before that one Thanksgiving Eve.

Then he flipped through the book until he found the last journal entry.

It read:

My Last Entry

I don't know what to do.

I want to bring the groups back together and destroy that dang Devil and...whatever he is doing.

Sometimes I wish that this problem would just stop on its own. Sometimes I see Dess, Charlotte, Cade, Anthony, and Gerald, not always in the present, but all talking and joking together joyously.

I know that when we fight against the Devil for the last time, it's going to be extremely hard for them if they lose someone. Meanwhile, it's going to be a little less harsh on me.

I have a plan. I really don't want to do this, but I think it's the only way.

I've read about a way to make it so the Devil cannot possess others again.

I may have to sacrifice myself to do it. I'm sure no one will be up to sacrifice themselves, so that leaves me. I'm willing to do it as long as it saves my friends...

I may die but Dess can, and will, lead the group.

That's right. Whoever has found this book years into the future, you know my secret. I wasn't killed by a monster. The Devil may kill me, but...

It was me and my dreams and ideas.

Just.

Me.

Dess smiled softly. Ahh, Felix, he thought. Always keeping it dramatic.

Even though Felix wasn't there anymore, Dess promised himself one thing.

I will honor Felix's legacy.

THE END.

WOO WE DID IT!