Chapter V: The Battle for Euphoria City

Dess's eyes widened as he thought, Of course! That was what the dream was about!

Charlotte ran over to them, out of breath. "Guys--we need--we need to master our elements quickly! Or do you already know how to control them?"

Dess and Felix glanced at each other,

"Uhhh, kind of?" Felix shrugged unhelpfully.

"Okay, what about if I hold it off while you practice fast?" Cade suggested.

"Ummm, okay," Charlotte agreed.

At least we found Charlotte, Dess thought.

"Okey dokey. PEANUT BUTTER!!" That was Cade screaming his battle cry as he charged into the Battle for Euphoria City. Felix thought that was a pretty dumb battle cry. A few other elven knights started to attack The Devil.

Dess would have to figure out why Cade's battle cry was "PEANUT BUTTER!!" afterward, because he had some bigger problems right now.

"GET TO PRACTICING!!" Anthony ordered loudly. Turns out he was on duty and then, saw all the commotion.

The group ran over to a quiet area and they all started doing the drills Anthony had told them to do. Dess successfully made a magma tornado, Anthony was creating a tsunami, Charlotte was starting a small earthquake, and Felix was summoning a monster made out of steel. As they were doing the elemental drills, they heard a loud crackle of thunder. Dess wondered if Cade was okay.

They looked over to the Devil and the battle it was creating. It was Cade, striking lightning on the Devil.

And, thankfully, local townspeople were chipping in to help. A blacksmith grabbed a hammer and threw it at the dragon, making it open its monstrous jaws and roar. A local gardener threw poisonous nightshade in the dragon's open mouth. The dragon fell over, dying. As it closed its eyes, it said, "Grmmp..."

Felix translated it, because he read a book about dragons when he was a child, and it had Dragonish in the book.

"It said...'Goodbye, mother?'" he questioned.

"Maybe the dragon was taken by the Devil as a baby and wanted to come back, but couldn't," Dess said. Charlotte's face got uh...angry. She loved animals. Especially more mythical ones.

"GOSH DARN THE DEVIL FOR ALL ITS WRONGDOINGS, I AM GOING TO GET RID OF THAT !%$#@* MONSTER ONCE AND FOR ALL!!" Charlotte yelled at the top of her lungs. She was fuming.

"Charlotte, language!" Felix laughed.

But then she added, "I will not end your brother though, Dess." The group laughed.

"YOU KILLED MY PRECIOUS DRAGON!? I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!!" Blade– I mean, Tom--raged.

"Felix! Create a metal pole next to the Devil!" Cade yelled from across the raging battle. It was a surprise Felix could even hear him.

Felix did just that, and Cade summoned a flash of lightning on it, sending a wave of electricity around The Devil.

Of course! Metal is a good conductor! Felix thought. Then he got an idea!

"If we use our elements together, we can create powerful attacks! Felix shouted. "Charlotte and Dess! Create a pillar of dry grass around Blade and set it on fire!"

It actually worked! The Devil was stuck in a hole that had fire in it. Finally, Anthony unleashed the tsunami he had been working on and splashed the hole with it. Sssssssssss, said the steam coming out of the hole.

"OW!! WHY DO I FEEL LIKE I'M BURNING IN A HOLE!?" Dess heard Tom shout angrily.

Wait. Tom?

"Tom?!" Dess yelled. Could Tom really still be in there?

"Is that seriously you?!" Dess yelled again, holding back tears. It was the first he had heard his brother's voice in quite a while.

"It's no use, Dess." Felix said sadly.

Dess sighed softly. They missed Tom. Felix was right, he will never come back.

"You're right." Dess whispered back. It was all calm for a few seconds.

By that time Tom had figured out how to remove the fire. "You stupid kids," Blade hissed.

Anthony summoned a hurricane of water on Tom. Tom gurgled.

Dess's eyes widened. He's gonna drown! he thought. Wait, why am I worried about him? Argh!

Nobody helped Tom. Everyone just stared.

"Did we murder someone?" Charlotte asked after the sounds couldn't be heard.

"Yes..uh, we murdered Tom. Dess's brother. But he was possessed," Felix answered. "Also, uhm, I can't see anything. Is that normal?" Dess took a breath. He might cry.

"No. It isn't normal. Are you okay?" Charlotte replied worriedly.

Dess was too scared to speak or even think. He killed his own brother, but technically it was Anthony who murdered Tom. As they stared at Tom in disgust, he began to burst into flames in the water.

"How is he burning up in the water!?" Dess asked.

As they looked at Tom's flaming body just floating there, Tom started turning to ashes.

Right before he turned completely to smithereens, they heard: "I'll be back, you stupid kids! Hahahahahahahaha...."