Chapter VI: Discoveries

As the team observed the destruction around them, they saw

that Euphoria City had turned to rubble. The elves claimed that they all could rebuild the city, but Dess didn't believe that. As the medical elves ran to the wounded, a meeting was called for everyone not injured or treating the injured. Cade came over. He wasn't hurt. The team ran over to the town hall. 

Lord Cassius then spoke, "We have lost eighty-seven elves in this city out of ten thousand elves. The...erm, group that arrived here yesterday will leave at this moment or bear the consequences."

Charlotte sighed. Dess gave her a hopeful look and she just smiled weakly back.

A medical elf (as Dess assumed) gave each of them a sleeping bag and

some canned food and bread as the group walked out. Charlotte nodded as a thanks for the resources. Their hotel was destroyed. Burnt down. As they all left the meeting at the front gate, they saw their parents greeting them. When they got there, Felix was coming up behind them. He was wearing a black cloth across his eyes. As he approached the group, he barely missed the huge rock right in front of him. When he got there, Dess asked why he was wearing a blindfold. "When Tom had a burst of energy, the energy went straight into my pupil and my eyes couldn't handle the light rays on Tom's aura of dark energy. So I am now, blind." Felix responded with a surprisingly serious tone. It was so unlike Felix, Charlotte thought she was gonna burst out in giggles.

As they left the city, the team decided to start on their way southwest. Honestly, Dess didn't know exactly where the Devil was. All he knew was that the roars had come from the southwest. As they found their way out of the forest, a great plateau showed itself before the group.