Chapter 1

Eddie walked towards the dorm he was assigned, dragging along his suitcase and other belongings. He was excited, but also nervous. Being a freshman and learning how to adult was going to be a lot for him.

Eddie had mixed feelings about going to college. Something told him he would hate it while the other side told him that he'd love it. Well, at least Dan and Anne were here, that was a pleasant surprise. At least he would have at least some people here that he knew and not be totally lost.

He looked at the card he was given and read the dorm name. Gould. Hmm. Interesting name choice.

He finally found his dorm and entered inside. Looking at his slip of paper again, he read that his dorm room was on first floor, Room 23.

Hey, at least he didn't have to walk all the way downstairs from all three floors to exit the dorm. That would be a pain.

He quickly found his room and entered, door shutting behind him. He threw his backpack on the bed and smiled.

The room was spacious, sort of like a normal bedroom size. It had its own personal bathroom as well, which Eddie was glad to see. There were two desks for the two roomies and, well, anything that one would find in a normal bedroom.  Coat hangers, dressers, everything.

Eddie began making his bed. He wondered where his roomate was. Oh, well. Probably was running late or getting in at another day or something. It didn't matter as long as they came.

Not that Eddie minded though. He would have gladly taken this whole room to himself. Anyone else would die just to have their own room.

Eddie finished putting all of his stuff away and stood back, admiring the new, lit up room.

That's when he heard a knock at his door.  He was going to go over to open it when he saw someone entering. It was his dorm supervisor or DS for short.

"Hey, Eddie," he said as he entered with a smile.

"Oh, hey, Ben," Eddie smiled back politely. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to let you know that the person who was assigned this room, Jacob Accaby, isn't actually coming."

"He isn't? Why?"

"Something about switching colleges last minute, I don't know the details, but..."

"But?" Eddie prodded, curious.

"You will be getting another roomate. He might come in today or tomorrow depending on their flight, but when he does, I want you to know that he's not going to be....exactly a normal roomate."

"Huh?" Eddie asked, really confused. "What does that mean?"

"Just expect that he won't be human," Ben replied simply. "Look, it's nothing to worry about. I heard about these Klyntar. They're nice and easy-going depending on how they're brought up." He paused. "Now I have to go check on some others who will be having the same addition. Don't want them to have a jump-scare or anything when they come in."

He chuckled.

"Well, I'll be seeing you, Eddie. Take care."

"You too, Ben. Thanks."

Ben exited, shutting the door behind him. Eddie stood in front of the door, confused and a little nervous.

What were Klyntar? He had no idea. We're they a certain tribe? He pulled out his phone and headed to his bed and began researching.

Well, that's interesting. Nothing came up about them. Weird. Must not be a well-known tribe or something.

He busied himself with making sure he had everything where he wanted it and when he was done with that, he decided he had to use the bathroom.