Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Guuuuys, it's the end of our first year of college!" Anne cried as they all stood in the lobby together, packed and ready to go.

"I can't believe it went by so fast," Dora said.

"Time flies when you're having fun," Venom mused and smirked at Eddie.

"I agree," Riot added, giving a similar look at Carlton.

"We should get together at least once over the summer," Dan said. "Just for old time's sake. Are we all coming back to the same college next year?"

"Of definitely," came the voices.

"Maybe we should plan a road trip or something whenever we have time," Anne said thoughtfully.

"Oh, that would be nice," Virus smiled.

"Camping would be fun, too," Eddie added with a grin. "Get to see the stars again."

"That's a good idea," Cletus said. "We should do that."

"Well, it's been a great year," Anne sighed. "Seeing how all of us got together and enlarged our group like this. All the fun we had...it was just ridiculously fun."

Venom snickered.

"Like that spin the bottle game, right, Eddie?"

"Don't remind me," Eddie replied with a laugh.

"Might need to bring that game back up again since....well, you're paired now," Anne smiled knowingly at the three couples with their symbiotes.

"If we do, Dan doesn't get to be the one in charge," Carlton said.

Carnage barked out a laugh.

"What, did he make you sit on Riot's lap or something?" he chuckled.

"Actually, yes," Carlton replied. Carnage laughed again and turned to Cletus.

"We gotta play this game. Sounds fun," he said. Cletus grinned.

"Maybe," he answered whimsically.

"Well, Anne and I have to go, we promised we'd meet her parents," Dan said, checking his watch, apologetically looking at the group.

"Oh, that's right!" Anne said. "We're gonna have to go."

"We're all basically family here," Eddie said as he hugged Anne and Dan goodbye. "Gonna miss you guys."

"Thanks, Eddie," Anne smiled and hugged him tighter.

"Don't forget to text?"

"Ha, I think you're the one to speak," Anne said as she pulled back and smirked at him. "You'll be too engrossed with Mr. Venom over here. Hug, V?"

"Sure," Venom smiled and then hugged her gently. "You're right, though. Eddie can really loose track of time."

"If he's with the right people," Anne agreed and pulled back with a laugh.

After Anne and Dan had said their goodbyes, the others began to say their farewells to each other.

"We're still friends, right?" Carlton asked Dora.

"Of course we're friends," Dora smiled. "Here, I'll prove it." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. "See? Still friends."

"You're so dramatic," Riot sneered down at Carlton.

"You're so annoying," Carlton replied, smiling, with no heat to his words.

Dora turned to Virus.

"We're definitely going to hang out," she said to her. "We live right across from each other."