Chapter 2

Eddie followed Venom into the ice cream shop a few blocks down from the college. The chime bells rang as they entered, allowing the lady behind the counter to look up. She greeted them with a nod and a smile.

"Hello," she said. "What can I do for you?"

"We're just looking for now, thanks," Venom replied politely.

"Alright, just let me know if you need anything," the woman said.

Eddie looked around the small shop. It was quite cute with its white walls covered with all the different types of ice cream flavors. There were five tables that could seat at least six people and there were a couple of booths in the back and near to the windows.

"Eddie!"

Eddie's focus was taken away from the shop itself and to the two people who stood waiting for their orders to arrive.

It was Anne and her boyfriend Dan.

Eddie smiled and walked over. Venom followed curiously.

"Eddie, hey!" Anne smiled as she hugged him. "It's been so long! We didn't see each other all summer! How are you?"

"Doing as well as I can," Eddie replied with a sheepish grin.

"Hey, Eddie," Dan greeted, giving him a warm handshake. Eddie took it. He remembered himself just in time and gestured towards Venom.

"Oh! This is my roomate Venom."

"Nice to meet you, Venom," Dan said, putting out his hand to shake that huge one. Venom took it (very carefully Eddie noticed) and smiled as he shook it once.

"Hello," Venom grinned. "You know Eddie?"

"Yeah, we were with each other throughout the entire High school," Anne nodded. "He's a really nice guy."

"Hmm, I bet he is," Venom said with a shit-eating grin down at Eddie. Eddie didn't notice and went on talking with his two old friends.

"So, you guys going to the homecoming event?" Dan asked.

"Oh, yeah," Eddie said, blushing a little in embarrassment. "I don't exactly have anyone to take..."

"It's alright," Anne consoled him. "You'll find someone."

"I hope so," Eddie replied. "What about you, Venom? You gonna take someone special to homecoming?"

"Maybe," Venom replied softly.

"I love how they allow everyone to come," Anne said. "It's nice and let's new people get to know other people that way really fast."

"I agree," Dan said.

"So what are you guys studying?" Eddie asked after a moment of silence.

"Well, I'm going into the medical field," Dan replied. "Looking to be a doctor, you know, helping people."

"I could see that," Eddie nodded and turned to Anne. "What about you?"

"Law and order," Anne replied. "Of course, it won't be an easy task..."

"Hey, now, you're smart, I know you'll do great," Dan interrupted fondly. Anne smiled up at him.

"Thanks, Dan," she smiled.

Venom glanced down at Eddie and saw that his roomate looked sort of sad. Tilting his large black head a little, he gently nudged Eddie with an elbow, forcing him to look up.

"I'm fine," Eddie replied quietly, looking into those large, white eyes for a solid three seconds before dropping his gaze. Venom's eyes furrowed.

"Hmm...." he muttered softly to himself but decided to drop it for now.