Chapter Twenty-Five

"Aww, nuts, I spilled some icecream on my pants," Eddie muttered as he, Carnage, Cletus and Venom sat at their booth.

"Y'know, I could just lick it off," Venom replied with a smirk.

"Please don't," Eddie said with a laugh and reached for a napkin.

"We haven't been here for a while," Carnage said. "Thought this place would be nice to hang out in again." He turned to Cletus and grinned. "How's the ice cream?"

"It's really good," Cletus replied around a mouthful. "Thanks for paying. I can pay you back when we get back to the dorm."

"Don't mention it," Carnage said, but Venom's curiously perked up.

"Wait. He paid for your icecream?" he asked with a wide grin.

"Yeah."

"Eddie, it's just like us!" Venom laughed and nudged Eddie with an elbow.

"It is?" Eddie asked, completely confused at the moment.

"Remember when I paid for your stuff because you forgot your wallet at the dorm?"

"Oh." Eddie blushed. "Yeah."

"And then I gave you my coat because you forgot that, too."

"Don't remind me," Eddie grinned.

"Did we miss something?" Carnage asked, giving a certain smile towards both of them.

"Oh, it's just how Eddie and I became more than friends," Venom replied as nonchalantly as he could. "Nothing special."

"Hmm....." Carnage squinted at the older symbiote.

"Don't 'Hmm' me," Venom replied, flicking him playfully.

"You're gonna give me tea on you and Eddie later, I haven't heard that story yet," Carnage said.

"Oh, of course," Venom replied with a smirk at Eddie. "I'll make sure to tell you every single detail."

"I'm gonna hide all your chocolate when we get back," Eddie smiled.

"I'd like to see you try."

"Eddie....."

Eddie grabbed Venom's backpack and attempted to open it in the locker room.

"Haha! I have your backpack!" he cried triumphantly as Venom tried to grab for it.

"Not for long, you won't," Venom said, snatching for his item.

"I guess I'm gonna havta put it on." Eddie quickly did so and stood there, grinning with that goofy grin of his. Venom's eyes narrowed and he grinned back.

"You think you're so smooth, don't you?" he growled playfully as he grabbed the two shoulder straps and yanked Eddie towards him.

"Yeah, well, y'know, I aim to please," came the laugh.

Just then Riot and Carlton walked in the men's locker room.

"We're not done with this," Venom told him.

"Looks like someone's got their hands full," Riot chuckled as he took in the situation.

"Yes, I'm kinda tied up at the moment."

Riot have one look at Eddie wearing Venom's backpack and laughed.

"Aww, having couple trouble?" he quipped.