Chapter Twenty

Eddie sighed as he plopped down on his bed, looking around the familiar dorm.

"I sort of want to be back but at the same time, I don't," he said as Venom devoured a chocolate bar.

"I get you," Venom grinned. "Just wish this year could be over, y'know? And not that I don't want to see you, of course, we will be seeing loads of each other for the next years."

"Haha, that's if we are assigned the same rooms again," Eddie said with a laugh.

"You know you can have the option to choose, right?"

"Huh?"

"Of course the first year, they assign you, but after break is over and students continue to come back, they're allowed to pick who their roommate is," Venom explained.

"Oh. I didn't know that. Well, then, how'd we get together again?"

"Easy." Venom smirked. "I picked you again. "

"Oh." Eddie blushed. "I....I would have picked you, if I had known about the choosing the same roommate thing."

"Ah, you're fine," Venom replied with a grin. "Classes start on Monday, so we have three days of break before we get bombarded with shit and stuff." He tilted his head a little. "Wanna hang out then?"

"Sure! Where we gonna go?"

"I was thinking that icecream shop. Y'know the one where I made you wear my coat because you didn't bring yours?"

"Oh. That one."

"Yeeeah. That one. So you up to it?"

"Yeah. Just lemme find my wallet first."

Carnage was just finishing unpacking when the door to his dorm opened. Looking up, he smiled at the newcomer.

"Hey. You must be my new roommate," he said as he walked over and held out his hand politely.

The other took it cheerfully and smiled back.

"Yeah, I am," he replied. "I'm Cletus."

"Carnage, but some people just call me Red for short."

"Hey, our names both start with C," the red head grinned. "That's cool."

"I can also see you like red," Carnage said, pointing a claw at the man's red hoodie. "I can see us becoming best friends."

Cletus laughed.

"We're matching hoodies," he said. "Uh, where can I put my stuff?"

"Oh, you can just set it over by the other bed," Carnage said, turning and making room for him. "My old roommate transferred to another college after Christmas break so I wasn't sure if I was going to have anyone else in here with me."

"Well, I'm here," Cletus said as he set his backpack down. "I transferred from my other college."

"Nice. What made you switch?"

"Uh, they didn't have the specific program I wanted. I want to go into hacking. Y'know, not the bad type. Just when you're trying to find and get rid of the hackers themselves. I don't remember what it's called but—"

"Really? I'm going into that same thing," Carnage replied excitedly.

"What? Will we have classes together then?" Cletus sounded surprised and delighted.

"Most likely," Carnage said. He paused. "So you haven't been around campus yet?"

"Nope. Just got here."