Chapter Four

There are some elements of Non-Con in here ☹️

Eddie walked into the well-decorated room, eyes taking in the different lights and decor. He had never really been to a party like this before and didn't really know what to do.

He stood a little ways off from everyone else, watching. He saw Anne and Dan together and was honestly a little jealous about how happy they were together. He didn't understand why Anne had chosen Dan over him when he had known her for far much longer.

Glancing around at the many couples that were here, he looked anxiously towards the front doors. Venom should be here soon. Hopefully that professor wouldn't take so long. He was getting bored and a little anxious. He didn't want to be the only one without a—

"Hey, Eddie."

Eddie turned around and looked up to find Carnage standing a few feet away.

"Oh, hey," he said, glad to have at least someone he knew talk to him.

"I see Venom's not here yet," Carnage said, twirling his drink around in his cup lazily. "Don't worry. He'll be here soon. He was getting let out as I got here." He paused. "In the meantime....you wanna have some fun?"

"Oh, uh, I don't want to intrude if you have someone already," Eddie said politely.

Carnage chuckled.

"I don't, that's why I'm asking," he replied with a smirk.

"Oh. Well, just until Venom gets here," Eddie said. Carnage's smile widened considerably.

"Good. There's a bar back there if you're interested," he said, pointing towards a hallway.

"Oh, uh, I don't drink."

"You don't drink or you haven't drunk?" Carnage asked.

"I haven't drunk before," Eddie said a little embarrassed.

"Well, what better time to drink than now?" Carnage beckoned him to follow. "Come on. It'll be fun."

"Sure," Eddie agreed and followed.

As they walked, Carnage set his drink down idly on an empty table as he passed. Eddie decided not to call him out for it and continued walking.

"There are security staff here as well to make sure that nothing....bad happens in the bar," Carnage said.

"Oh, that's good," Eddie nodded. "Glad the campus staff cares for its students."

"It is nice," Carnage agreed.

He led Eddie to a corner booth next to the restroom and had themselves seated down.

"Of course, since this your first time at a bar, we should not allow you more than two drinks."

"Why?"

"First off, you might not like it. Second...we wouldn't want you to get drunk, would we?"

"No."

"Good."

After they had ordered a decent meal and a few drinks, they actually began talking.

"So where did you come from?" Carnage asked.

"San Francisco, California," Eddie replied. "You?"

"New York," Carnage said. "I'm a big city guy, if you hadn't noticed."

Eddie grinned.

"That tux seems expensive," he noted, looking at the red suit.