Chapter 3

"Thanks for taking me," Eddie said as he and Venom walked back to their dorm.

"You're welcome," Venom rumbled pleasantly, setting the bags down on the floor.

"I really feel like I should pay you back for the stuff, though," Eddie said, heading over to his dresser and digging out his wallet.

"Eddie, no. I already told you I don't want you to pay me back." Venom said kindly.

"But how can I help you? I feel obligated to at least do something," Eddie replied. "I mean, you drove me, bought me ice cream, and now you're paying for my homecoming outfit. There has to be something I can do."

"Well...there is one thing," Venom said softly.

"Yeah?"

Eddie watched as Venom slowly advanced towards him. His heart began to pound and he fought to keep his gaze level with Venom's. It was just hard because the alien looked as if he knew everything about him.

Eddie couldn't think when Venom smirked and leaned down towards him. It wasn't meant to be into intimidating or creepy, Venom just wanted to be at Eddie's level.

"I'm sure there will be competition for you tomorrow night... promise me that you'll save me a spot?"

All Eddie could do was nod. Venom hummed softly and if anything leaned in closer.

"Good..." he purred.

Eddie swallowed.

"But....but you're going to take me, right? In your car?" he asked.

"I have to meet with a professor later tomorrow night," Venom replied, stepping back and standing to his full height again. "It's a pain in the ass but I have to."

"Oh. Then who do I go with?"

"Dan or Anne could take you," the alien suggested.

"True."

"If you really don't have a ride, you could ask Carlton, or Dora."

"Carlton I've known since High school, but who's Dora?"

"She's Carlton's best friend," Venom replied with a smile. "She's nicer than him, too. It seems like they have a thing for each other but neither seems to be capable of telling the other they like them."

"Wow," Eddie said, grinning. "Struggles, right there."

He paused, thinking for a moment. That sounded an awful lot like him. Why, though? He wasn't into guys. He'd never been into guys before and yet he'd only known Venom a day and Venom had given him much more than Anne had ever done in High School. Back then they weren't allowed to date, which sucked.

But seriously, he wasn't....wasn't gay, right? Seriously, though, he didn't understand how Venom didn't have girls and guys falling head over heels about him. Venom was utterly—He furrowed his brows and looked at the blankets underneath him.

"Hey."

Eddie looked up. Venom stood nearby, looking at him.

"You sure you're alright?" Venom asked, sitting down on Eddie's bed.

"Yeah, just thinking," Eddie said, his arms crossed behind his head.

"About what? Must be interesting if you're down that deep."

"Well....y'know how sometimes things in your life doesn't always go your way? Well....that happened with me."

"How so?"