Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, this is great, thanks for suggesting this," Venom said as he bit into his Monster Mac hungrily.

Carnage smiled.

"You're welcome," he smiled.

"Are we gonna do anything else today?" Eddie wondered curiously.

"What, you wanted to eat burgers all day?" Carnage teased, as Venom nudged Eddie playfully.

"I dunno, to be honest," Eddie shrugged with a grin. "It just seemed like we didn't have much of a plan today."

"True, I'll agree with you on that, we didn't have much of a plan today," Venom said. "I have some homework and stuff to finish, other than that, that's my day."

"Same," Carnage agreed.

"But Eddie here got all of his homework done early, didn't he?" Venom mused, ruffling Eddie's hair. "Aww, what a good boy."

"Stooop," Eddie replied with a grin and swatted that large hand away. Venom chuckled.

"Hey, I got a joke. Why aren't Corgi jokes funny?"

"Why?" Carnage asked.

"All of them are really short," Venom grinned. "You're the Corgi, Eddie."

"What, no I'm not!" Eddie replied, laughing. "I'm—"

He paused as he felt his phone buzzing.

"Oh, someone's calling me," he said. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom and take this, okay?"

"Sure, we'll still be here when you come back," Venom smiled.

"Oh, I have one!" Carnage called after Eddie. "In English class, why do dogs like conjunctions? Because dogs love buts!"

Eddie laughed.

"Good one," he said and then ducked into the bathroom.

"Why are we using dog jokes now?" Carnage asked a laughing Venom.

"Ah, it's because Eddie acts like one," Venom smirked.

"Eddie likes butts?"

Venom shook with laughter.

"No! He's just....cute, adorable and cuddly," he mused quietly.

"You have a serious crush on him, let me tell you that."

"Hey, you're turn's coming soon, just you wait. I'm sure there's someone out there."

Eddie pulled his phone out and hit the power button. Seeing the contact on the screen, he immediately panicked.

It was his dad.

This wouldn't be good. Eddie knew that. Any call from his dad wasn't good news. Struggling down a little shaky breath, he pressed the talk button.

"Dad?" he asked tentatively.

"Hey, Edward."

Eddie cringed. He hated it when his dad used his real name.

"Uh....what's up?" he asked after a few moments of akward silence.

"Just wanting to see how you were doing in college. You keeping your grades up?"

Eddie swallowed.

"Yeah. Yeah," he said. "Uh, I did really well on this one project—"

"That's nice, Edward, but I didn't come to talk about just grades."