Chapter Ten

Eddie looked up from his homework as his phone buzzed. Carnage glanced at it curiously.

"You're boyfriend texted," he said.

"He's not my boyfriend," Eddie muttered, looking at the message. He didn't want Carnage to get any ideas......

Hey, are you doing good?

Yeah, just finishing some homework.

Nice. Well, I won't bother you then. I'll talk to you some more tomorrow, alright?

Alright. Love you.

"No, wait!" Eddie muttered hurriedly, hating how autocorrect had changed the word into "love".

Carnage cackled.

"Awww, you love him," he teased.

"Shut up," Eddie replied as another text came through.

I didn't know you had feelings for me, Eddie... the text message seemed to smirk.

Sorry, it was a typo. Autocorrect shit.

Mm-hmm, sure.....don't try to back out of this.

I'm not!

Well, I gotta go, bud. I get up early tomorrow.

Ok, have a nice night. Again, sorry about the typo.

Ah, it's fine.
I love you, toooo....

Eddie blushed crimson and flipped his phone over so he couldn't see the screen. Carnage chuckled.

"Aww, that's nice," he said. Eddie left his phone there and turned back to the lab.

"I need to focus," he said. "Don't mess me up."

"Of course," Carnage replied softly. "Are you sure you need help with yours?" He gestured towards Eddie's tubes.

"Oh, uh, yeah, I'm having trouble with getting the right one," Eddie said. "Thanks."

"It's nothing."

"I'm gonna cry," Carlton said as they all sat at the table together having finished eating their food. "Like....no one has ever done this for me before."

"Just letting you know we care," Dan smiled.

"Thanks, guys," Carlton replied, wiping his eyes a little. "This means a lot to me."

"We're just glad we could get this whole thing set up. It was literally planned last night," Dora said.

"Wait, really? Wow, you guys did good for just having done this last night," Carlton smiled. "Was this a group thing or what?"

"Actually, Riot was the one to texted me about it," Virus answered.

"You did?" Carlton asked, looking up at Riot who sat next to him.

"What you said last night about not having had a birthday made me want to give one to you," Riot said.

"Yeah, I kinda thought something was up when everyone was like "let's go out tonight"," Carlton smiled. "Thanks, guys. This means a lot to me."

"You're welcome," Anne said.

"So, are we going to bowl?" Dora wondered.

"I asked the guy at the counter and he said they're closing in an hour," Riot replied, taking a drink from his glass. "We got some time."